Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300M GMT+Chrono pics and date question

1. sixracer Nov 4, 2016

Hi all,
    I have a Seamaster 300M GMT Chrono with a Cal 3603.
    [​IMG]

Curious about quick setting date.

Second crown position allows me to jump the hour hand backward and forward changing date after 2 revolutions (either direction). This is what manual says.
    [​IMG]

Is there no way to quickset date?

Seems like winding that hour hand a few days either direction. on a regular basis would be wear and tear on the movement. (I do have a winder but still curious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Donn Chambers Nov 4, 2016

Nope, there is no way to quickset the date. The mechanism to do that has been converted to quicksetting the hour hand on these models.

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 4, 2016

There are advantages to being able to quickset the hour hand when travelling, which is the point of a GMT watch. Rolex use the same method in the GMT II and Explorer II models, ie the hour is quickset but not the date, this preserves the exact minutes and seconds but allows easy changes in time zome. I think it isn't a huge problem tbh.

4. Donn Chambers Nov 5, 2016

Agreed. Having the quickset hour hand is much more convenient than the date, especially if you travel between time zones a lot. In fact, over the years, I've become less and less of a fan of the date complication on watches. I much prefer a clean dial without a date window. Look at a lot of the new watches that have the date at an awkward angle between the 4 and 5 -- those dials would look so much nicer without the date.

5. sixracer Nov 5, 2016

Don't get me wrong, I love the hour functionality! Just concerned I wasn't handling date correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. pianomankd Nov 5, 2016

Gorgeous photos in this thread!

7. sixracer Nov 7, 2016

Just phone pics. This massive watch is an anchor but GMT, Chrono, great lume and dive bezel make it my perfect watch that does everything.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StudebakerHawk likes this.