Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300m Diver 3330 movement chronograph

1. skazarian Jan 31, 2014

Calling all Omega aficionados:

I am the recent proud owner of an Omega Seamaster co-axial chrono-44mm. It has 3330 movement and is not the LE version.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about my watch. I want to learn about the movement in particular. I am looking for resources, readings, diagrams, videos, photos, etc. to learn more about the movement. I want to be able to talk about my watch in detail, and have someone on the street understand at a basic level the movement in the watch.

I would love to know what people think of the 3330 movement. Since I've owned the watch, it has gone 5 seconds fast a day. It doesn't bother me too much, because I've been told it can go back to actual time and I also have the 4 year warranty for when I want to part with my watch for 2-3 weeks. Is the fast time something to be worried about? I called Omega on this matter and they gave me some tips on winding, placement of the watch at night, and other basic care such as magnetic fields.

Give me everything you've got! Please!

Seth

photo.JPG photo.JPG
    Fordex, WednesdayMad, karlwb and 5 others like this.
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 31, 2014

Wonderful piece acquisition. I am not familiar with caliber 3330, except they are relatively new caliber, also used in Speedmaster Racing and have loose affiliation with Longines movement. It utilize column wheel chronograph which supposed to be lauded by industry folk and found in many high end chrono watch.
    I wouldn't worry +5s per day too much. It is still in 'break-in' period. If after 6 months it persistently faster, then a simple regulation in Omega Service Center under warranty should fix that.
    Enjoy your new Omega......:thumbsup:

skazarian likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 15, 2014

This is a modified ETA 7750 movement. Changes include column wheel switching, relocation of one counter on the dial side and of course the co-axial escapement.

Cheers, Al

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2014

Its effectively replacing the 3313 as far as I know, which rightly or wrongly got a slightly negative reputation in the mid 2000s. Being modified 7750 I'd imagine its a fairly sturdy and accurate piece.

5. om9c Mar 17, 2014

Congratulations! Wear it in the best of it's health.

6. larryganz The cable guy May 28, 2014

I'd love to know if you're still enjoying yours. I just picked one up myself. Thanks in advance for any new updates...

7. skazarian May 28, 2014

Larry: I do still have mine. Still enjoying it like I bought it yesterday. I recently bought the rubber strap that is seen on the LE version. I am also hoping to get a Nylon nato strap for the piece. Overall still in great working condition and times well. The 5+ seconds issue I stated before is now only like 2.5-3 seconds fast. Enjoy your piece and take a photo if you get a chance!

Seth

IMG_0766.JPG
    Fordex and karlwb like this.
  8. Tom-01 Dec 29, 2014

Hi Seth

I just purchased this watch on the weekend - absolutely love it.

I really like that rubber strap from the LE version, could you tell me where you got it from please? I'd like to get the same to switch them about on occasions.

Many thanks
    Tom

WednesdayMad likes this.
  9. WednesdayMad Jul 13, 2016

I purchased it last year. My first Omega.
    What can I say. Superb.

10. Carty32 Jul 22, 2016

Purchased this watch a few weeks ago and I love it 20160712_214748.jpg

Fordex likes this.
  11. rotsith Dec 11, 2016

Purchased this in August 2016. Runs around +0.8 secs a day. Absolutely love it.