Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Edition

1. BruceTheManLee Feb 6, 2018

I purchased the Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Edition watch (the version worn by Daniel Craig in Spectre) back in 2015 from the Omega Boutique (NY) and have worn it briefly off and on over the years.

However, it is just not getting enough wrist time and not making it into a regular rotation and more or less sits in my watch box.

Thinking of consolidating 2-3 infrequently used pieces and perhaps take accumulated combined funds to go for a bigger grail piece....

Thoughts? Or is the Spectre edition a worthy model to keep for collectibility purposes?

2. R3D9 Feb 6, 2018

What’s more important to you... making money on your watches or owning watches you love to wear.

If the latter, your answer is pretty clear.

As far as the Spectre LE goes, for me the movie was the worst of all the Craig Bond movies - does that make a difference 50 years from now in terms of collectibility? Who knows. It certainly is the nicest of modern Bond LE’s...

Kmart, Caliber561, jflores and 3 others like this.
  3. BruceTheManLee Feb 6, 2018

So you believe this will be collectible in 50 years?

4. R3D9 Feb 6, 2018

One thousand million percent. And I’m never, ever wrong.

thatonewatchdude likes this.
  5. Meme-Dweller Feb 6, 2018

So you're telling me you've never seen Quantum of Solace before?

6. R3D9 Feb 6, 2018

Lol. Touché

Both sucked pretty badly.

BruceTheManLee likes this.
  7. htiek Feb 6, 2018

Did you buy it because you liked it or because you thought it could be a good investment?

I got a speedmaster and i got bored of it and I sold it And I regret it. At first i thought it was a good idea but after spending more time on the forums here, i wish I still belonged to the group that owned one. Now, I'm looking for a new one to get.

It's not a decision that can be rushed.

8. BruceTheManLee Feb 6, 2018

I bought it because I thought it looked really cool. Thought it was cool to have a "Bond" watch. There was no expectation that their would be any appreciation in value (I just didn't want to lose too much $)

At least with Speedmaster you can easily replace because it is readily available new/pre-owned.

Certainly not rushing but given my current rotation it is receiving limited use.

I'm thinking of maybe putting it towards a Patek 5167 or FP Journe Chronometre Bleu...obviously way more expensive timepieces but they should hold their value over the long term as well. But feel I'd get more wrist time?????? First world problems, I know!

9. hotwheels Feb 6, 2018

The spectre has gone up in value and it is a nice watch, not over branded imho, but if your not wearing it then sell it and buy something that you will.

10. stockae92 Feb 6, 2018

LOL

BruceTheManLee likes this.
  11. llvhhui Feb 6, 2018

The limited edition with lollipop second hand?

12. BruceTheManLee Feb 6, 2018

Yes....

1 - 1.jpg

Kmart, frazierspa, Men and 4 others like this.
  13. taz101 Feb 7, 2018

Please remeber. This is the first Bond LE actually worn BY Bond. This instantly makes it collectible to both Bond and Omega officiants. The question is what happens with the next Bond film..does he wear the LE again or back to the basic piece? Either way you can't lose as you will either have the ONLY screen worn LE or the 'first screen worn LE'

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 7, 2018

It’s my favorite watch they have put out. I prefer the gmt bezel and like this dial better. Plus no visible bond branding is a huge plus.

15. htiek Feb 7, 2018

I think that lollipop hand really looks quite unique and fantastic. I saw someone on the forum modified a Seamaster 300 with the lollipop hand, and I think that it looked pretty cool

16. llvhhui Feb 7, 2018

17. makaria indica Feb 7, 2018

I did see that, and briefly looked around for a lollipop hand. Any idea where they can be sourced?

18. htiek Feb 7, 2018

I believe the member who did it said that they got it straight from Omega, but I'm not 100% sure on it.

If that were true, I would totally try it

19. omegadave Feb 7, 2018

#Realtalk: no one really cares about a LE Bond Seamaster.

Trade it and get the Patek 5167 or FP Journe Chronometre Bleu. Done.

20. htiek Feb 7, 2018

I'd go for the FP Journe. IMO it looks a lot more striking than the Patek