Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Seamaster 300 ref 2913-5 Completely original & highly desirable combination

1. flame Speedmaster Neil Sep 15, 2013

Hi

For Sale is a truly rare & beautiful Omega Seamaster 300 ref 2913-5, first generation dating to approx 1959/60.

[​IMG]

The Seamaster 300 was introduced in 1957 as part of the 'master series' alongside the 2914 Railmaster and the now infamous 2915 Speedmaster. These watches were designed for professionals as 'tools of the trade’ and quickly became household names for professionals and domestic customers alike:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This example is a completely original first generation Seamaster 300. It is in stunning condition and is my own personal watch which I wasn’t intending on selling however something equally rare (& more expensive) has been offered to me overnight....

The watch is in amazing condition for a 53yr old, the dial and hands are near perfect and an extremely rare & highly collectable execution with original handset including 'lollipop' second hand. Unlike so many it is a genuine original example and is as close to perfect as you will ever find anywhere.

[​IMG]

Case: Very sharp profiles, no major dinks or damage, not refinished. There is no corrosion on the case, with very thick lugs. Measures 39mm diameter (excluding 4mm Naiad crown) and approximately 14mm thick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case back: Worn & barely visible hippocampus & wording however completely in keeping with the age & condition of the piece.

[​IMG]

Movement: Superb original condition 16mill cal. 501, no loss of plating and working perfectly, recent fully serviced (privately) and overhauled (extract ordered and will be provided in with any deal)

Crystal: Correct Omega domed hesalite in excellent condition

Dial and hands: The 'Swiss Made' dial is Completely original and never refinished, superb condition and has aged to a lovely patina, original radium luminous material present on all markers which has aged to a light brown honey patina. Original handset including original and extremely rare ‘lollipop’ second recorder

Bezel: Very rare original count forward bezel and in lovely condition.

Bracelet: The watch is presented on the original & rare 7077 Semi-expandable bracelet stamped 1960 on the correct 'short' clasp & complete with 19mm #6 end pieces - will fit just over 7.5inch wrist. It has 9x working expandable links and some slight damage to 2-3x of the flat links....but nothing that is not in keeping with originality of the bracelet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Papers: None - Extract of Archives ordered & to follow on receipt from Omega.

Watch is available for viewing in the City area of London or South east Essex. Shipment terms & insurance to be discussed. FEDEX Priority is available within UK & Internationally at buyers cost.

I am looking for £5950 GBP shipped via the above methods. Payment can be cash on collection or via Bank Transfer, not looking for trade offers at the moment.

Plenty of references available -

Best - Neil

jinson, MattS, stef2010 and 5 others like this.
  2. Rdl81 Sep 15, 2013

That is so so nice if I was not married with kids this would be sold

Varasc likes this.
  3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Sep 15, 2013

WOW ::love:: GLWS

4. Littleroger Sep 15, 2013

I'm thinking of selling the wife and kids to buy this ;-)

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 15, 2013

It's not a countdown bezel (those bezels have the numbers going in the opposite direction) though the bezel on Neil's watch is correct for the -5. The rest of the description is accurate - the 2913s are exceedingly hard to find with nice dials and original (not redone by Aldo or anyone else) bezels.

6. flame Speedmaster Neil Sep 15, 2013

Thanks for all the positive comments guys....:D

I've amended the bezel wording....as already said it is the correct version....just an error in my original description.

Best - Neil

7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Sep 15, 2013

Neil, you made me wish I should not have bought a Zenith just this week.:( Selfishly I hope this will still be around in another 2 months.:D

8. MattS Sep 15, 2013

Very very nice!

Matt

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 15, 2013

Gavin. I can help you here. Sell the Zenith to me for 60% of what you paid and you can consider the loss as an "impatience tax".

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2013

Or sell to me instead for 70% :D I'm still sans-Zenith after all this time for some strange reason, never even had an El Primero :(

Nice CK2913 Neil, I'm sure you'll find a good home for it.

11. Dash1 Sep 16, 2013

That's definitely the best dial I've ever seen on a 2913. Lovely.

12. Varasc Sep 16, 2013

I really agree.

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2013

We could do a collective forum buy , stipulation that one could only wear when on board the Forum jet

Varasc and stef2010 like this.
  14. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Sep 16, 2013

Not so sure I can allow that to happen.:p
    GLWS Neil.

15. NT931 Sep 16, 2013

Hey Gavin, which Zenith did you buy? Might be happy to take it off you for 75% (above Stewart & Dsio's offers) plus you wouldn't have the hassle of shipping it overseas :whistling:

Just kidding of course ... trying to stop buying for the moment!

16. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2013

This is better than Dragon's Den :)

::popcorn::

dsio, Stewart H and Dablitzer like this.
  17. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Sep 16, 2013

Way out of my league at the moment, truth be told at most moments :(
    Looking forward to viewing its' replacement :thumbsup:

All the best.

flame likes this.
  18. flame Speedmaster Neil Sep 17, 2013

Hi

Unsurprisingly OHPF's -

Best - Neil

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 17, 2013

Congrats to the new owner...........

20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 17, 2013

Nice, is the new owner a member here at all?