Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Seamaster 300 Ref 165.024

1. Baco Noir Apr 9, 2017

This is a Seamaster 300 built for me from a vintage movement and new Omega service parts in April 2013 by an Omega trained watchmaker in Canada (Al Jenskey - aka Archer here on Omega Forums). If you are not familiar with these Google "Watchco SM300" and you'll find lots of reading material on these amazing watches.

Basically, they are built with brand new Omega service parts (case, dial, hands, crystal, crown, bracelet, etc) except for the movement, which is vintage. In this case, a caliber 552 movement, which was completely serviced by Al before the watch was assembled. I have the CD with the photo documentation from Al of the movement being disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt.

Details on the Cal 552:
    19,800 beats per hour
    Hours, minutes, seconds - no date
    Automatic, non-hacking winding
    24 jewels
    Incabloc shock protection

This is a very clean example, but not 100% pristine. The crystal was just replaced last week and the bracelet was lightly touched up at that time, so it's in very good shape, but there are some fine scratches on the case from 4 years of wear, marks on the lugs from strap changes and a few small nicks on the case edges - see photos for details and ask additional questions.

If you are OCD about every tiny imperfection or want a fully NOS watch, keep looking. This watch is in great condition, but probably isn't for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When built, this watch passed Al's pressure tests for water tightness, but with time gaskets dry out and I have not tested it before sale. So, if you plan to go in the water with it, you should have it tested before doing so.

Also, since these are made with non-hacking movements, they are hard to time accurately without a timing machine. That said, when the crystal was replaced, Kevin at Time Tech said it had good amplitude and was keeping good time. I asked for a print out from the timing machine, but he doesn't have one with a printer. As such, no guarantees are made about the time keeping.

WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE:
    Omega Seamaster 300 with 1171 bracelet and 633 end links as shown
    PDF of initial movement service and watch assembly from Archer
    No boxes or papers

PRICE: $3500 USD includes insured shipping in the continental US. AK, HI, US territories, and non-US location will incur additional shipping costs at buyers expense. Payment is by wire transfer only. Paypal is not an option due to too many scams.

CONTACT INFO:
    PM me here
    email is rogerfromco (at) y a h o o (dot) c o m

RETURNS: The watch is sold as is and I will accept returns if the condition of the watch is significantly different than described and shown in the photos. I must be notified within 24 hours with details and photographs of the differing condition and watch must be shipped back to me insured in the same condition and within 48 hours from notification.

REFERENCES: You read on the forums all the time about "buying the seller" which is important for sure. I have never had a watch returned from a sale. I do my best to provide detailed photos and an honest description. I have plenty of references - see below. That said, I do reference checks on buyers too because there are bad buyers out there who try to extort discounts from sellers for an extra scratch that they feel wasn't disclosed. Please be prepared to help me feel comfortable selling to you as well. I will accept returns if I misrepresented the watch, but will not offer any post sale discounts.

My references for watches over $1000 have all paid with wire transfer without issue, so please do check my references. Also, I am a moderator on another watch forum and can point you to that account if you want to do your due diligence on me there as well.

TRF ID is Baco Noir
    Rolex Sea Dweller
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=320274

Omega Great White GMT
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=309158

Omega Forums ID is Baco Noir
    Blancpain Trilogy
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/baco-noir.25070/

WUS ID is rogerfromco
    Nomos GMT
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/rogerfromco-great-seller-814891.html

Tudor Date-Day Jumbo
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/great-dealing-rogerfromco-853605.html

Helson Sharkdiver - 45mm Titanium
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/rogerfromco-trusted-seller-927240.html

Tag Aquaracer
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/rogerfromco-great-seller-please-read-2661210.html

2. Baco Noir Apr 12, 2017

Hump day bump

Magnum Fan likes this.
  3. Baco Noir Apr 15, 2017

All emails / PMs responded to. I'm not looking for any trades because I am raising funds for another watch I have on order.

Also, I was asked to check the power reserve and it was 50 hours.

Thanks and HAGWE

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. Baco Noir Apr 21, 2017

Bump for the weekend.

5. Baco Noir Apr 30, 2017

All email questions have been responded to.

FYI - it's FS only, no trades.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 4, 2017

Had dealings with @Baco Noir several times and always a pleasure to deal with.

GLWS

7. Baco Noir May 4, 2017

Thanks @STANDY!

So far, it's been trade offers and wholesalers contacting me. I really thought this would move fast, but I'm not in a hurry.

8. Baco Noir May 18, 2017

Bump to the top.

9. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 18, 2017

i honestly don't understand why this is still for sale. an absolutely amazing watch!
    GLWS! :thumbsup:

Baco Noir likes this.
  10. Baco Noir May 20, 2017

I just got asked about the case size - can't believe I left that out of the original listing. Case is 41.5mm without the crown with 20mm lug spacing.

11. Baco Noir May 21, 2017

Another question asked was about bracelet sizing. I have a 7.25" wrist and there are 3 extra links and 2 more removable links. With the clasp adjustments too, I think this can go from about 6.5" to 7.75", or maybe up to 8" but that's just a rough estimate.

12. Baco Noir May 22, 2017

Withdrawn.

R3D9 likes this.
  13. Baco Noir Jul 9, 2017

Watch is sold. I keep getting offers so I thought I should let people know.