Omega Seamaster 300 professional

Hi all,

I have just come across this watch online and I am just extreme dubious as the seller is selling this for £1690

I can’t see any flaws with the pictures but just wanted to check with the experts

If it looks too good to be true...

Especially as the seller has the/a receipt there to indicate what was paid for the watch.
Are they in OZ (as per the receipt)?

You could TinEye the images and see if they lead you back to a genuine listing.

We’d need much sharper, better-focused images to tell you whether the watch looks real or fake. There are phenomenal clones out there of these models—even with better images, it might be hard.

But more to the point, even if they’re authentic images of an authentic watch, the pricing is pretty suspect. Why would someone sell a piece like this for half its value? Many of the potential answers are concerning, including that it could be a stolen watch. You also have to wonder, when the seller seems less than established, whether you’ll even get a watch (or the same one pictured) after sending your money, and what kind of recourse you’ll have if you don’t.

A good rule of thumb: if you’re even a little nervous, keep looking.

Stick with trusted sellers and sleep soundly.

Is there a jewel at the center of the rotor? I can't tell. Need better pictures, especially of dial and movement.

I'm guessing that receipt is just for the bracelet -- there's no way that you'd get a new SM300 for AU$1,220 in November 2021

I'm guessing that receipt is just for the bracelet -- there's no way that you'd get a new SM300 for AU$1,220 in November 2021

Is that an older style Omega shark mesh?

Likely taken the pics from a listing and is scamming people. Don’t engage.

I dont know the seamaster too well but I know thats too good a deal to be true. I would stay away.

You'd be mad to follow that up. There is 0% chance it is a legit sale, more likely as noted above stolen pics. That is a £3K set all day long. Much lower, run away. If you are even considering it you need to have a long chat with yourself about greed overcoming common sense.

Hi all,

I have just come across this watch online and I am just extreme dubious as the seller is selling this for £1690

I can’t see any flaws with the pictures but just wanted to check with the experts

I love the Mesh Bracelet and that’s a super cool watch!