Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300 Professional - Genuine (?)

1. Smule Jan 3, 2017

Firstly I would like to say hello, because it's my first post.
    I'm about to buy used omega seamaster 300 professional. The watch i found is 99% genuine, but want to make myself sure. It looks ok, the dot and helium escape seem to be on the right place. Watch comes with 3 omega cards, package (as on the photo) plus additionally swatch invoice from service. That time gasket, one bearing and lace (i don't know it it is in english, a part to adjust time, date). I know it's not in the best state, but price is not that high, and i believe, cape cod will do a good job :)
    Greetings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 3, 2017

Greetings, if it's 99% genuine, what 1% is fake?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2017

Serial number 80680522 matches for a 25318000. I don't see anything that jumps out at me with regards to the watch. I would check that the serial number on the watch matches the card, and also what is listed on the Omega service documentation.

Cheers, Al

4. Smule Jan 4, 2017

I didn't touch or see that watch. Where can i find serial number? I know there're 2 on lugs, but they have 3 digits, while these on cards have more.
    Service invoice matches serial numbers from cards.

@dennisthemenace Dunno, for me maybe buttons on clasp seem to be a bit too big and the beginning of the bracelet (around lugs, photo 2) for me should be a bit closer to watch body. Maybe it's just an effect of the photo or it should be like that.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2017

Full serial number should be etched on the back of one lug - typically it's the 7 o'clock lug.

6. Smule Jan 4, 2017

Thank You very much for help.

I would like to have one more question. Were there different versions of bracelet? Please, look at the clasp. Different buttons and difference between "seamaster" and "professional".
    Please, have a look at it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one more, seems to be the same as on the watch i wanna buy.

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 4, 2017
  7. Smule Jan 6, 2017

I would like to have one more question. I've been talking to seller. He was swimming in the sea and forgot to wash watch after that. The reason of the service was steamy glass inside of the watch. It was sent to omega's authorized service (swatch group). Crown, one bearing and all gaskets were changed that time. Of course mechanism was greased. Since that time, everything works good.
    Is there any point to buy this watch? I suppose it's no problem, but it's worth asking :)

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 6, 2017

That bracelet look fine to me, there are slightly different designs out there. Don't be tempted to use Cape Cod, the watch and bracelet have a mix of both brushed and polished surfaces and Cape Cod will polish the lot and look just crap. If it needs refurbishing then get it done properly.

9. U5512 Jan 6, 2017

Watch looks good to me.

10. deryk527 Jan 6, 2017

Looks perfect. Enjoy!