Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 300 - New Build

1. photo500 Aug 26, 2017

Hi All,
    Some of you that follow me here and on Instagram @lewiswatchco will be aware that I built some SM300's a few months ago

Well I have another one ready now. It is a non date version.

What I've done with these is a fair bit more thorough than what Watchco did with theirs a few years back.

The movement is from a donor (552 without date) however it has had a no expense spared service performed which included a new centre wheel, cannon pinion, mainspring of course, new barrel, barrel bridge and balance complete. Essentially whatever they needed in terms of new parts as well as traditional techniques to reduce or eliminate the effects of 50 odd years of wear on someone's wrist.

Add to that entirely synthetic lubrication and lots of testing and fine tuning. The case back has been professionally engraved on the inside with the serial of the movement, the build date, my company initials and the sequence number ( this is number 9)

The SM300 has been tested waterproof to 100 meters which is all the Witschi Proofmaster S will go to. - This is a professional grade machine and is extremely sensitive to case deformation under vacuum and pressure. It has also been wet tested.

I have produced a certificate for the watch giving its particulars. It's timing and waterproof test performance numbers are listed. The results out of this movement were very good indeed.

ALL parts are new stock except of course the movement. ALL parts used are Omega and the correct ones for this reference, right down to the case clamps and screws. The bezel aligns properly at 12.

I have added a deployant clasp and leather strap which are also Omega items. Perhaps controversially I don't like the mesh bracelet ( apart from to look at ) as it's hard to get a proper fit and is uncomfortable to wear. Likewise the 1171 / 633 is a $25 bracelet with a $400 price tag. You could of course source your own bracelet if that i what you prefer.

Wrapping it all up is a brand new wooden Omega box of the Planet Ocean / modern SM300 variety. Plus a 12 month warranty on my workmanship.

If you're looking for a SM300 please consider one of mine.

The price for all this loveliness? $3800 USD. Bank wire preferred but Paypal accepted plus fee's.

If you are located in Australia this must be plus GST at 10% - I will supply a tax invoice.

Pics!

IMG_5016.JPG IMG_5017.JPG IMG_5011.jpeg IMG_5012.JPG IMG_5013.JPG fullsizeoutput_31c7.jpeg IMG_4940.JPG

Edited Sep 2, 2017
    Tik-Tok of Oz, alam, Temprus and 11 others like this.
  2. photo500 Aug 29, 2017

Available again, buyer flaked.....

3. photo500 Aug 30, 2017

Bump [emoji16]

4. photo500 Sep 2, 2017

$3800 USD to international buyers (outside Australia) $5250 AUD inc gst for local buyers.

HappyJack likes this.
  5. JohnSteed Sep 9, 2017

This is a nice one!

6. photo500 Sep 23, 2017

Sold away from the forum but thank you for the space :)

7. JohnSteed Sep 23, 2017

:thumbsup: np good ideas birthed here, don't always stay home :whistling: .... someone's getting a cool watch!