Omega Seamaster 300 'Military SAS British' - Big Triangle.. Really?

552 with a chronometer bridge? Very special piece for military watch.

552 with a chronometer bridge? Very special piece for military watch.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you think it's genuine?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you think it's genuine?
No sir.

I personally wouldn't even consider one of these without an extract from Omega.

No sir.
👍, I misunderstood the sarcasm about the chronometer bridge, and it being a very special piece for a military watch.. I thought you were being quite serious::facepalm1::

Honestly though, how do they get away with this kind of stuff..

Bonjour,
s'il vous plaît, pourriez-vous me dire ce que vous pensez de celui-ci ?
Pour moi correct pour 165.024, mais pour l'origine militaire sans extrait, vous y allez ?

[JOINDRE]1757846[/JOINDRE]

[JOINDRE]1757850[/JOINDRE]
Edited:

Many of these watches (mil 300) have been water damaged in the past, I got offered one not too long ago, everything was correct except the 552 movement had been swapped for a 550 in the wrong serial range, this was done long ago and not done to fool anyone obviously.
I have got the movement back to spec (552) and it is in the correct serial range. Although not completely original it is one of my favourite Omega watches to wear and I enjoy it immensely.

Michael, that's really lovely, huge congrats. Is the case back fully marked?

Michael, that's really lovely, huge congrats. Is the case back fully marked?

Yes, case back has original clear issue marks, fixed bars too 👍
The thing I love the most is the colour of the lume on the dial, the hands were a horrible dark green old relume job when I got it so I matched them to the dial with a tritium mixture.

The movement on this 'Omega Seamaster 300 Military SAS British - Big Triangle' apparently doesn't match the case, but the circle T tritium mark looks really odd.. It looks like a completely different color to the arabics, and overall the Watch looks a bit weird.. Am I completely wrong? Is this actually a genuine watch?

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/om...tish-royal-army---big-tiangle--id12997113.htm
I don’t like much about it.
Dial printing font looks all wrong, engraving (last line) should be off centre, not centred. A 67 dial should also be a 12 dial not a BT.

Yes, case back has original clear issue marks, fixed bars too 👍
The thing I love the most is the colour of the lume on the dial, the hands were a horrible dark green old relume job when I got it so I matched them to the dial with a tritium mixture.

Very nice vintage texture on the hands re-lume. A special watch indeed, the present movement situation wouldn't overly concern me.

Very nice vintage texture on the hands re-lume. A special watch indeed, the present movement situation wouldn't overly concern me.
Here you go 👍

Markings look good Michael, it's in remarkable overall condition.

Wow … not sure I had ever seen a legitimate, issued mil-spec SM 300 before this thread. That’s a terrific example!

Obviously, I’ve seen a lot of the fakes — usually with the “stubbies” on the dial and the faked circle-T. Back in the day there was a run of faked mil-spec casebacks … I can’t recall what the exact numbers were, but whoever created them used the same set of numbers for all the casebacks.