Omega Seamaster 300 Diver - Second hand keeps stopping

Good morning,

I was recently gifted a new Omega Seamaster from my employer, as the company we had built was acquired. This came from the States, and I have the full warranty card, etc.

I've noticed that the second hand keeps stopping at the 12 mark. I don't think it's running out of power as, when I manual wind, I can hear the soft click to tell me it has reached the maximum wind.

And yet it still stops at the 12. But, I only have to move it a little, and it'll then start again for another 60 seconds, then stop dead on the 12 again.

Is there anything I can do resolve this, or has something happened during transit and will need a service?

Thanks.
Edited:

Hi Michael, and welcome to OF.
If the watch is still under warranty, and from what you post it probably is, I’d take it to the nearest Omega retailer and let them sort it out. To tinker with it yourself, or get a non-authorised repairer deal with it might invalidate the warranty.

Like 2
As above take it to Omega retailer,I had a Tag 1000 with a simular problem ,turns out the hands were catching at a certain point.Watchmaker sorted it out.

Like 2
Thanks both, I'll do that. My one concern, however, is that my boss had the dial branded with the company logo. In order to do this, I assume that he would have had to get the watch open, so would this have invalidated the warranty?

Thanks both, I'll do that. My one concern, however, is that my boss had the dial branded with the company logo. In order to do this, I assume that he would have had to get the watch open, so would this have invalidated the warranty?
Can you post a picture of the dial but not with the second hand at 12?

It's possible that the second hand was bumped during the dial marking.
Can you post a shot of the dial (just like above) when the second hand is stopped?
Has anybody else who received these watches had nay issues?

Like 2
Can you post a shot of the dial (just like above) when the second hand is stopped?

I will do...it's currently moving, so I'll have to wait for it to stop again. It might be some time (typical!), but as soon as it has stopped, I'll post the photo. Thanks for the help so far!

My guess is that the company hired to add the logo to the dial bent the second hand when they removed it or replaced it and it is now catching. I assume they completely uncased the watch and dial to add the logo.

Unless Omega did this, they won’t treat it as a warranty repair. I’d let your boss know and see if they’re willing to foot the bill for a watchmaker to fix the problem.

Thanks all. I've left it alone for the morning, and it seems to be running right now, so it's not getting caught every single time it hits the 12 mark. It seems to be random....I just find it interesting that, when it stops, it ONLY stops directly on the 12 mark. @Donn Chambers - I suspect that is the case, which means an out of warranty repair. Not disastrous given the fact that the watch would last a lifetime, but definitely an inconvenience I could do without.

Could be the hands were removed for branding and not replaced correctly,or they got bent.

I would think a bent second hand would be obvious to the naked eye, the second hand is the top of the three and well clear of the face.

452FFAF4-0D1D-4060-9ECC-8688DCDBF204.jpeg

Like 1

Here you go

Perhaps the second hand rubbing against the hour hand... when it stops where is the hour hand typically?

My money is on the second hand very slightly rubbing against the bottom side of the crystal. Can you get a good shot from the side and see?

Like 2
Perhaps the second hand rubbing against the hour hand... when it stops where is the hour hand typically?
There's no real rhyme or reason to it. The hour hand could be anywhere, really

The seconds hand tip does look like it has an upward curve to it. It’s plausible the hand is touching the underside of the crystal; however, the crystal looks evenly pressed, so if the hand is touching the crystal, I would imagine it’s dragging along the entire circumference of it. For the hand to habitually stop in that location there is a reason, but I’m not confident the crystal is why.