Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300 Big Triangle no date, repolish, new crown, hand properly relumed

1. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 4, 2018

It is still a great looking watch either way, and in the hands of a competent case person, they will be able to bring it back in line with more a factory finish.

For the future...DO NOT POLISH WATCHES...and if you do...ONLY TAKE TO PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT IN THE FCUK THEY ARE DOING

2. doralamer Jan 4, 2018

Rigoberto likes this.
  3. Shibata Jan 4, 2018

If you are happy and it's going to get wrist time, thats all that matters. I rarely wear my SM300 because of it age and rarity. I have considered picking up a Watchco SM300 so I can enjoy one on my wrist more often.

77deluxe and Rigoberto like this.
  4. Rigoberto Jan 4, 2018

Thanks!!!, its beautifull, but I dont have money for a Watch Co., How much it cost a Watch Co. Anyway?, about $3000?

5. Shibata Jan 4, 2018

Usually around that.

6. EdtheAussie Jan 4, 2018

@Rigoberto - I hope you understand the value of the SM300 you picked up!

Wear it daily (as a watch should), but just remember there is a significant amount of inherent value for the watch!

marco likes this.
  7. 77deluxe Jan 4, 2018

Send watches to watchknut for a $15 Brillo pad brushing.

cristos71 likes this.
  8. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 4, 2018

They turn out better than this one did...

I have never Brillo'd a case...but have touched up bracelets with great success.

77deluxe likes this.
  9. marco Jan 5, 2018

Please understand this is a expensive watch and quite rare, slightly devalued by the poor polishing but still a handsome beast. Enjoy and wear with pride.

10. marturx Jan 6, 2018

IMO a great watch before polish and now completely destroyed. Economical value down 50%, and only a fool or a complete n00b would buy it. As a watch. Someone serious could have use for the dial, hands and bezel.

Sorry for being curt, but it's the truth, or at least my truth (and some longterm fellow collector's truth too, I'm sure of)

The bracelet is bad too, even if not so bad as the watch itself

Don't do this to interesting vintage watches, I beg you!

Davidt and albertob like this.
  11. ndgal Jan 6, 2018

Sorry to say, but whoever polished this watch did a horrible job! Why would you do that?? ::confused2::::facepalm1::
    Should have left it as it was. Oh my god, that caseback! :whipped: