Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 2990, aka "Transformed Ranchero"

1. marturx Sep 4, 2016

SOLD is this very wellkept Omega Seamaster ref 2990 with the 267 calibre.

It´s very likely that this watch left the Omega factory as a Ranchero. I have not ordered any Extract from the Archives for it, so I cannot guarantee it, but our esteemed danish member @tdn-dk has done that for at least a couple of his transformed Rancheros bought from Sweden, and the extracts for those pieces read Ranchero.

More about it here: http://klocksnack.se/threads/the-transformed-omega-rancheros.29259/#post-629189

Long story short; this one likely left the factory as a Ranchero, but had the dial and hands swapped by the agent in Sweden at the time, JP Brandt. It was thus transformed into a Seamaster. The reason for this was that the name Ranchero (Farm boy) didn´t appeal to the public, but the Seamaster name did.

The unpolished case measures 36 mm the crown (bowler hat style, original to this watch) excluded.

The dial has an even and appealing aging patina. Besides the visible aging in the dial, it is free from damages. The dauphine style hands are original with the original filling in them

The movement runs good, and keeps good time.

My asking for this very nice piece is USD 1.020, shipping, registered mail, fully insured with the Swedish post included.

I and the watch are located within the EU.

Feel free to return the watch on my expense, if it doesn´t match my description in text and/ or pictures, and if the deviation is material.

2990.jpg

2990, front.jpg

2990, liggande.jpg

2990, right.jpg

2990, left.jpg

2990, back.jpg

2990, lock.jpg

2990, verk.jpg

Edited Sep 5, 2016
  2. marturx Sep 5, 2016

Now sold to a Gentleman on the Forum

Many thanks OF, its Mods and the buyer! :thumbsup: