Forums Latest Members
  1. AustinStm Jun 28, 2019

Hello all,

It's been a while. This watch picture below has recently come up for sale and I'm really digging it's look. The subject line reads the ref number and the calibre is 3600B with no box and no papers. (The seller, a brick and mortar watch shop is more than legit.) I'm assuming it has an ETA movement which should be easy to service. Asking price: $3200.

Worth it? That price seems kind of high. For the life of me, I'm searching around for this model and cannot find for price comparison.

Any words of advice would be muy appreciated. Thanks so much!

Mike A

wltrd1736.jpg
  2. tzachi Jun 28, 2019

search for the ref. (even with other dial color), check fleabay for "sold" items. it will give you an idea of market. good luck.

3. AustinStm Jun 29, 2019

Thank you. I found a whole lotta nothing. Very strange.

4. jklim Jun 29, 2019

Some additional info for this reference

https://watchbase.com/omega/aqua-terra/2802-33-37

It's an Aqua Terra. A more common variant will be 2503.33 at 39mm. They are mostly selling at around 3k at the moment although once in awhile a dealer might price it at 2k++.

This version of AT is usually priced higher than the blue/black/steel dial because somehow it doesn't come up for sale as often. I was searching for this white dial blue hands version so negotiated with a few sellers last month.

Anyway I bought the 36mm variant. Good luck to your search.

IMG_20190629_110106.jpg
    fskywalker and tikkathree like this.
  5. AustinStm Jun 29, 2019

Thank you! So, not a total rip off. I appreciate your knowledge.

6. jklim Jun 29, 2019

No problem, glad I could provide a little more info.

I take it that you don't like the Aqua Terra with vertical teak dials? Because at that price you can easily get the newer version.

7. AustinStm Jun 29, 2019

I'm not feeling the vertical teak lines, but I didn't know one could get a newer version around that price. ($3200) I'm thinking maybe I could talk the dude down.

jklim likes this.
  8. fskywalker Jul 12, 2019

The 2802.33.37 is indeed the 41mm version of the 2503.33.37 which as said above is more common. The movement is a caliber 2500; could be either a 2500A, 2500B or 2500C depending on how old it is (through the sapphire caseback the A, B or C model can be seen)

The 39mm version is the more common size, the 41mm are not that common from what have seen. @jklim has the 36mm version (2504.70) which has a white mother of pearl dial and is very hard to source / rarest of the caliber 2500 white dial / blue hands model (originally released for the Japanese market)

What size is your wrist? Many people say 41 mm AT's dress pretty big on the wrist

jklim likes this.
  9. AustinStm Jul 13, 2019

Howdy! I went and tried the watch on and it fit well on my 7.5" wrist, but I wasn't overly impressed. Also, the place was a bit of a joke and, despite no box or papers, the guy wouldn't move on the price. So I walked and I've moved on. Thank you for sharing your knowledge however!

fskywalker likes this.