Forums Latest Members
  1. pierre tptksfd Oct 16, 2013

Dear all,

Currently in India, I plan to purchase an Omega in a bazaar but i want to ensure before it is a real one.

Could you kindly look at the pictures attached with the website below and tell me what you think?

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me not to do a mistake if it is a fake one.

Thanks a lot, in advance.

Pierre

www.apiacereshop.com

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 16, 2013

The movement is correct for this case reference. Note that the case appears to be heavily over polished and the dial was refinished.

3. ulackfocus Oct 16, 2013

Never plan to purchase any vintage watch while in India. The odds are stacked against you.

4. pierre tptksfd Oct 16, 2013

Thanks a ton to both of you for your answers.
    I understand your point ulackfocus but they could have real ones as well no?
    Since the price is quite low and it I seems to be an original one, would you still recommend not buy?

5. ulackfocus Oct 16, 2013

It's not original most likely - the dial has been repainted. These sell for such a low price because redials, frankens, and all sorts of shenanigans go on in that neck of the woods.

6. Hijak Oct 16, 2013

Its a redial and who knows what else will be found when looked at by reputable watch person!:thumbsdown: Probability is against you in this situation...you can do better elsewhere!

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 16, 2013

[​IMG]

I think there is a decent chance that this is an original dial. I can't tell for sure with those out-of-focus and blurry photos.

"Swiss Made" is in the correct place on the dial and it seems to be aged appropriately.

However, there is a far better chance that it is a "Mumbai Special", as Ulackfocus said.
    gatorcpa