Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 2577-1 Cal 351 (Bumper) Rose Gold Capped 1951

1. terryb111 Dec 14, 2017

Offered up for sale is my Rose gold capped Seamaster dating from around 1951 (12640230)
    I purchased this watch around 2 years ago from a fellow Omega Forums member, I had it serviced by John Senior on 20/11/2016 and it is in excellent working order. It winds and sets very well as you would expect.
    I've tried to show as many pictures as I can under different lighting conditions to fully appreciate how lovely this watch is. It is a particularly nice 'orangey' rose gold cap, quite hard to picture to appreciate it's full effect and comes complete on a new leather strap & genuine omega rose gold plated buckle purchased from Cousins UK. The watch measures 34mm.
    The original and unrefinished dial shows some nice subtle even ageing not really noticeable on the wrist but evident under a loupe and picked up by the high resolution pictures of which I've tried to show with the various pictures of the dial from different angles. The '10 o'clock lug' shows a mark to the capping on the extreme outer edge of the lug.
    If I were being really picky about this watch I’d say it has possibly had a very very light case refinish as I just can’t believe a 65 year old watch would look this stunning. Having said that, all the edges are still razor sharp.
    I don’t have any pictures of the movement or inside case back at this time. As it’s recently been serviced I’m loathed to open it up.
    This will be sent out via Royal Mail Special Delivery. I'm ideally looking for a UK sale as i have virtually zero experience with overseas shipping.

I'm looking for £800 including the postage

rose1.jpg rose2.jpg rose3.jpg rose4.jpg rose5.jpg rose7.jpg rose9.jpg rose10.jpg rose11.jpg rose12.jpg
    STANDY, Jwit, aap and 12 others like this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 14, 2017

Really lovely example that. Not many look that tidy these days, mine certainly don't. GLWTS.

3. terryb111 Dec 15, 2017

bump

4. terryb111 Dec 15, 2017

On hold pending funds

dan7800 and Nathan1967 like this.