Forums Latest Members
  1. IDXM May 26, 2017

Newbie here, apologies if this is the wrong place to post and thanks for the replies. I'm looking to buy an Omega Seamaster Professional 300. The website Truefacet (https://www.truefacet.com/) has quite a few with varying prices. They all seem to be in "Very Good" condition and authenticity is guaranteed. The pics are good but not great in my inexpert opinion. My concerns are obviously the quality of the watches, the sizing of the wrist band, and servicing. How difficult is to get extra links (my wrist is 7 1/2 inches) and where and what servicing should I have done for the watch.

Thanks again,

IDXM

2. ras47 May 26, 2017

Ofrei might have what you need, if you want it fast. Some folks complain about Ofrei price-gouging but his stuff is legit and usually available. Otherwise you can hunt around on the Parts For Sale section of this forum or other forums.

And there is always eBay if you're the trusting sort.

IDXM likes this.
  3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. May 26, 2017

Welcome IDXM. I've never used Truefacet. I would recommend cutting out the middleman and using watchrecon (either the website or the app) and buying directly from a fellow collector/enthusiast, or better yet just the private watch sales or watches for sale forums here on OF. You end up with a better watch and better price in most cases. Regardless of the source, if you post a thread here on the forum with pictures of and links to the specific pieces you're considering along with your initial thoughts/concerns, the members here can chime in with their opinion of the watch, seller, and price as applicable.

Spare links should not be hard to find, as this has been a strong selling model for Omega for 20 years or more. Where to service depends on where you live, but that is putting the cart before the horse. You might find an example with proof of a recent service and more than enough links for your wrist.

IDXM likes this.
  4. IDXM May 26, 2017

Thanks Andy,

Here is the link to one of the Seamaster's on the website. This is the one with the largest wrist size.

https://www.truefacet.com/omega-sea...-steel-automatic-41mm-mens-watch-1500991.html

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. WatchVaultNYC May 26, 2017

Ebay sellers have watches on the site. Since Truefacet seller commission is at least 20% (vs Ebay + Paypal's 13%) on an apples-to-apples comparison the exact same watch will be more expensive on Truefacet vs Ebay.

OP: the watch you are linking to is on Ebay, priced lower

IDXM likes this.
  6. IDXM May 26, 2017

Looking at watchrecon I saw this watch.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-omega-seamaster-2531-80-plus-lots-extras-$1350-excellent-condition-4356218.html

Seems like a good price and I'm not that big of a steel bracelet person anyw
    Took your good advice and looked at watchrecon and saw this watch.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-omega-seamaster-2531-80-plus-lots-extras-$1350-excellent-condition-4356218.html

Seems like a good price and I'm not that big of a steel bracelet person anyway. Any opinions would be appreciated. Also, silly question, how much haggling is acceptable? Not much of a haggler, usually a take or leave it person.

IDXM

[​IMG]

7. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. May 26, 2017

Watch looks legit, but assessing the condition of the case is tough from those pics. I'd ask for pictures of the caseback. And it may need a service, but maybe not. I haven't followed the prices on these so I can't comment. As for haggling, you have the right to make an offer, and the seller has the right to ignore, decline, or counteroffer. Can't hurt though. Good luck!

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  8. IDXM Jun 2, 2017

RenderedContent-8A11E407-3C89-49B7-B21C-8605C0D74005.JPG Just wanted to update everyone. I purchased a Seamaster 2220.80 from blufinz52. So basically, it was less than a week from joining the forum to owning a Seamaster. Seriously, thanks everyone!

Ignacio

steveg80, 67ViP and Mouse_at_Large like this.
  9. ras47 Jun 2, 2017

Wear it in good health! You picked a beauty that will last you decades. The Seamasters are durable as heck.

IDXM likes this.
  10. 67ViP Jun 2, 2017

Enjoy it IDXM, I acquired two in the past few months and for me they are the alpha & omega for my collection. I looked at all the planet oceans, master 300 Co-Axial, and aqua terras at my local dealer (absolutely no interest in a speedy) and was immediately sold on size/shape & dial on SMP...not to mention the 2500D movement. Got the black first on a real good sale, then went back for the blue after the Omega directed price drop.

IDXM likes this.