Omega seamaster 2231.50 bracelet repair / full service question

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice for a newbie, I recently took my seamaster 2231.50 out the box after it’s being kept in storage for many years (right around the time Apple Watch came out). And to my dismay, the bracelet thing snapped off. This is a titanium watch/bracelet, looks like the pin rotted or just gave out after all those years 🙁 while I understand still kind disappointed as I only wear the watch to office and never did any swim diving sports etc.. with it

This is the first “real” watch I got, given to me by my parents after getting my first job back then, so it has some sentimental value to me.

1) Looking at omega website, the full service is $700. But does anyone know if they will be able to replace the pin and fix the bracelet as part of the service(nothing else is wrong with the bracelet), or will they simply replace the entire bracelet which I assume will cost me at least another $700 on top of the full service charge. If they will only replace the bracelet not fix it, should I take to some local watch place to fix it?

2) I noticed the back cover with seamaster text isn’t vertically aligned but in some random angle. Is this normal for omega? The watch was bought from an AD brand new and never left my possession since.

thank you!

Thank you!
Edited:

Great looking watch! If there is an Omega boutique or AD close by you can see if it can be fixed and if not they’ll be able to order you a new one to replace it. They will also be able to check your back cover to make sure it is on properly.

I would assume they could replace the clasp and not the entire bracelet, if they can’t repair it. Regarding the back, it’s fine. Because these screw on, they can be in any orientation depending on where one starts. Omega recently switched to a new caseback design that locks them into a standard orientation, but in when your watch was made, no one cared how the case back was oriented. If it’s on tight, then you’re good.

They will replace the clasp - that alone is going to be around $420 US, and a new bracelet will be around $1,500. Titanium parts are not cheap...

They will replace the clasp - that alone is going to be around $420 US, and a new bracelet will be around $1,500. Titanium parts are not cheap...

thank you guys, so that’s around $1200 total for a $2500 watch. Expensive 🙁 I will see if the local watch repair can do it cheaper.

Just buy the clasp and they will probably install the new one at no additional cost. Is there anything wrong with the rest of the bracelet?

Just buy the clasp and they will probably install the new one at no additional cost. Is there anything wrong with the rest of the bracelet?

no nothing else is wrong with the bracelet, any idea where i can buy the titanium clasp part for this watch? i tried googling but there isn't any clear info or website i can order this type of stuff. thanks

Take it to your local Omega boutique. If you don't have one nearby, there's a number stamped or engraved inside the clasp. It will look something like "1610/930" or "117STZXXXX."

You can call in that info to your nearest boutique and have them ship it to you

no nothing else is wrong with the bracelet, any idea where i can buy the titanium clasp part for this watch? i tried googling but there isn't any clear info or website i can order this type of stuff. thanks

You can order it directly from Omega. But if you are going to send the watch to Omega, there's no advantage in buying the clasp ahead of time.

What specifically broke with the clasp? If a pin that attaches it to the bracelet broke, those are available. Most of the actual clasp parts are not available separately.

What specifically broke with the clasp? If a pin that attaches it to the bracelet broke, those are available. Most of the actual clasp parts are not available separately.

The photos were removed for some reason, but it's an area of the clasp where parts are not available.