Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 2225.80 Reserve Issue

1. Dhanrahanjr Mar 14, 2018

Hello,

This is my first post on the Omega Forums and I’m hoping to get some insight. I recently purchased a 2225.80 Chronograph with the Valjoux 7750 Omega modified Complication. The watch was not running when I received it. I started to manually wind it and off it started running. I only wound it 10-15 rotations and then wore it 24/7 for the next 6 days, only taking it off to shower. The watch ran almost to the second in these 6 days. On the afternoon of the sixth day I took it off and laid it Crown up on my bureau. The next morning I was shocked to find it had stopped only 11 hours after I took it I off. As this is my first experience with the VJ, I did some research and contacted the seller, who had advertised a 52 hour reserve, and stated the watch had just been serviced. He told me to wind the watch 90-100 Rotations. I did about 90. I wore it for a couple of days and then put it on one of my winders at about 600 TBD clockwise. A couple of days later I found it had stopped on the winder! I wound it again and it was no where near as accurate as when I first got it just 10 days prior. It was running slow 8-10 seconds or so a day. I reluctantly wound it again 90 rotations 2 days ago and have been wearing it since. For the first 30 hours or so, it ran to the second. It started slowing after that and is now losing 1-2 seconds an hour. I’m very frustrated at this point. An automatic watch of this caliber should not have to be manually wound to run accurately. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 14, 2018

Hello,

I always advise people that unless the seller has proof of service (such as a receipt) from a service provider known to do good work, then I would not take their word for it on the service, and assume that it will need one.

Difficult to say what the problem might be without being able to see the watch, but it definitely sounds as if the watch either wasn't serviced, or wasn't serviced correctly.

You can either work it out with the seller for a return, or get the watch serviced yourself and ask the seller to assist with the cost.

Cheers, Al

jimmyd13 likes this.
  3. Dhanrahanjr Mar 14, 2018

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply. Initially the seller was receptive and even offered to have the Watch sent to his watchmaker. After winding it 90 rotations, per his advice, and letting it sit, I got a 54 plus hour reserve and I thought all was well. Prior to this past weekend I was wearing my 2531.80 for a few days and when I put my Chronograph back on, it started running slow prior to the manual wind. I messaged the seller yesterday, but haven’t heard back yet. I absolutely love the watch but this is really getting frustrating!

Thanks,

Dave