Forums Latest Members

omega seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.003 - how much should i expect to sell it for?

1. VeracityFirst Mar 9, 2018

Hey OF,

I'm looking to sell my omega SMP 212.30.41.20.01.003 automatic co-axial chronmeter. I'm unsure what a good offer would be for the watch.

I'm selling it:

No box or papers
    Original Hang tags
    Serviced last year by Omega Authorised Dealer
    Desk dive marks on clasp and some surface scratches on caseback

Can anyone help me with an rough range so I don't get completely shafted?

Thanks all,

2. BenBagbag Mar 9, 2018

Hey Veracity,

I've been in the market for one for a while but my wallet hasn't been.

They seem to be in the $2200 USD range if you look on eBay sold listings. Maybe a bit less for missing box and papers but it's all about who is out there who wants to buy.

I knew of one that sold locally by me for $1500 and I thought that was a steal. There is a pretty robust market out there so I wouldn't expect to sell it for so much less than 2k...

pics will help with appraisal but it is a pretty tight range IMO

VeracityFirst likes this.
  3. VeracityFirst Mar 9, 2018

Thanks for that. That's kind of what I was expecting, but because I've reiceved three offers, all of which are markedly different offers, i wasn't sure what the heck was going on.

In case your curious, a local store offered me $900. An online buyer offered me $1,900 and a pawn store offered me $1600! Very confusing.

4. BenBagbag Mar 9, 2018

Sounds about right for the different margins each needs to have. Try to come ahead $2000 and keep in mind fees associated with different online platforms (and risks). Cash is king but $1600 is a bit low...

VeracityFirst likes this.
  5. VeracityFirst Mar 9, 2018

Thanks for your insight, i really appreciate it.

6. AnotherDon Mar 9, 2018

If
    If I were you, I'd take that $1,900 and go on with my life. My theory would be that it's better to have it SOLD for $1,900 than FOR SALE at $2,200.

:)

7. Reddy_Kilowatt Mar 9, 2018

Have you done a Google search with the reference? There are tons of links for watches posted.

8. ulackfocus Mar 9, 2018

$1.

:D

What did you expect when you ask us to do your homework?

9. BenBagbag Mar 9, 2018

True. What is your time worth? Do you trust the guy? Will you be paying fees on that money?

There is usually always one sucker on the forums who is willing to do it. ::facepalm2::I felt generous after seeing the post from the guy who told the older gentleman the true value of his rolex. :)