Forums Latest Members
  1. thejl Jan 20, 2020

Hi OF. New member here. i recently acquired the Omega Seamaster 200m Pre-Bond Automatic in the Midsize Version. I’m really enjoying the look and feel of the watch. However, it’s running -19 seconds per day. Opening the caseback revealed that the watch was last serviced in Oct 2018 (date handwritten with a marker on the caseback). Should I expect an almost 30 year old watch to maintain COSC standards of -4 to +6 sec per day as expected for a chronometer? Or would you recommend that it be serviced again to tighten up the gears to achieve better accuracy? And how much would such a servicing cost performed by a certified Omega watchmaker? I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

osnola ibax likes this.
  2. osnola ibax Feb 2, 2020

Hi there, I recently bought the same watch. I think it may have been in a safety deposit box by the seller for years. When I first wound it, it was running +3 mins per day. However, I kept it wound and within a few days, it was running +5 secs per day. I was amazed at how it rectified itself. Maybe yours might too?

3. Ravineman Feb 2, 2020

A good watch guy might find the problem and fix it ..... cost would depend on what's needed.

If it's your only watch dont hesitate to spend to fix it.

I think the watch is performing well for its age. But then I have never timed a watch

4. thejl Feb 22, 2020

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm having the movement fully serviced with new mainspring (due to power reserve discrepancy) and bezel click spring (because it was turning in both directions...$85 for just bezel repair if you're wondering) with declining refinish to case or bracelet. FYI the cost is $350 at my local watchmaker with 3-4 wks turnaround.