Forums Latest Members
  1. mart Dec 1, 2015

Allright so here I am, big Rolex fan who is broadening his scope towards other watches. Always had a SS Daytona and a Sub, and right now looking for good deals all the time to get something like a collection going. Really an addicting hobby I can tell you that ;). In the last month I've acquired a Mont Blanc Timewalker Chrono and a Baume and Mercier Riviera. Great stuff. Next watch will probably be a vintage Heuer.

Anyway, on topic. Bought the parts from an Australian guy on Ebay, and found a movement that should be in this watch. (serial number of the parts is all from 1973, movement serial number also 1973).
    Had the movement completely serviced and checked, and everything assembled by an authorised Omega watchmaker.
    I know many of you guys think this is not a "real" watch. Well, it is. If you have a 1973 omega, chances are some of the parts have been swapped during service over the years by omega. They don't repair, just swap parts.

I have the version with the bright orange hand, which I really really like. Have worn it now for a couple of days... Probably will keep wearing it for a little while. What a huge statement on a wrist this thing is. Really cool.

65e81879b31497478403cec567eb0bc2.jpg e6b77761beb6bfe5b537cd86d9c3982a.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 1, 2015

I'd be proud wearing it. Looks really cool!

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 1, 2015

Wore mine last week.

I can't recall ever seeing a member post a vintage Seamaster 200, seems to me the handful here are watchco watches.

IMG_20151021_091355.jpg

alam and PatrickJ like this.
  4. mart Dec 1, 2015

Nice strap- is that original? Thnx for positive replies!

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 1, 2015

Holy cow @Taddyangle, how do you wear that without slicing up your wrists?! Those edges look super sharp.

PatrickJ likes this.
  6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 1, 2015

I don't wear it that often. I did wear it last week when I met a collector selling a Ploprof. We met at the bank in the area and one of the tellers noticed the shinny watch with sharp edges and said cool watch.

I'm actually going to meet a watchmaker (and Omega enthusiast/collector) tonight to see if he can remove a few scratches from this watch. He is from Los Angeles and down for a seminar here in San Diego. He is also bringing his Destro Ploprof to share. I will be sporting the ED White since its Tuesday.

RawArcher likes this.
  7. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Dec 1, 2015

Would love to see his Destro if he (and you) would oblige!

8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 2, 2015

The strap was a recent purchase. From strap maker in s America.

Met with watchmaker last night, he was wearing a mint vintage gold Connie. He was a huge fan of my Ed White. And did not bring the Ploprof :(

9. alam Dec 2, 2015

Well, your SHOM looks very real to me! and is cool looking watch too! :thumbsup: Enjoy!

and....don't worry about others think! :)

10. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Dec 2, 2015

@Taddyangle.........I'm so confused! Is the Ploprof in this thread different than the beauty you just landed and are now showing off in the Ploprof Roll Call thread?????

11. vinn2 Dec 2, 2015

the Mont Blanc name is a pen?