Forums Latest Members
  1. DirkH Aug 12, 2018

Hi
    I am interested to buy a Omega Seamaster from 1968.
    The photos I have been shown of the watch are great, but I like to find out what the value of such time piece may be.
    The model number is 168.023 I could not find much about it on the internet.

I appreciate if someone here could give me some ideas about prices / range of price, and what to look out for to avoid being ripped off with a fake.

thanks

2. ext1 Aug 12, 2018

Maybe some of our experienced members can give some advice about the watch itself, but try not to look for any sales over here until you've got 200 posts....read the FAQ.

3. Davidt Aug 12, 2018

Please post some pics to get some help. The condition will have a huge impact on value.

You can also search that reference no on eBay to get comparable

4. Mr Blond Aug 12, 2018

You need to look out for:

Over polished case
    Original parts ie dial has not been repainted, hands original
    Make sure it’s not had a bad relume on the dial
    Correct movement and serial number range for that watch

If you can post photos of it people will be able to help more. You can have a look through the for sale section here but this is not really a site just for selling watches so there won’t be as much choice like you would get from places like eBay

5. Georgieboy58 Aug 12, 2018

Welcome to OF!
    The Seamaster 168.023 is a model that I was not really aware of, but having searched the internet, I found a lot of hits (quite a percentage onOF ;-) ) and I must say, I like the watch, especially the shape of the lugs.
    As @ext1 said, you are not able to place a "Want To Buy" request in the Sales forum, but you are of course free to send a PM to a seller.