Forums Latest Members
  1. Kyle187 Nov 1, 2017

Hi forum members,

i started getting into watches a couple of months ago and since then have always kept my eyes open for a vintage seamaster or geneve, just waiting for a good offer to appear.

As my knowledge is not good enough by now, i'd need some help on this Seamster OMEGA SEAMASTER 166.002 CAL. 562 which is currently on for sell on ebay:

http://www.ebay.at/itm/VINTAGE-OMEG...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The seller is in my city and i had a closer look on the watch.

First thing: Is the dial original? Searching for similar seamasters, i only saw double indexes on the 12, and this one only has one.

I had a personal look at the watch yesterday at the store, and i have to say: The dial looks in extremely good condition (too good?). Also the case is in very good condition, as far as i can tell. But my experience is not good enough to tell if signs of usage from dial and case match.

Plus it's not the original strap and the box is objetively way more used then the watch itsself, why i assume the box is not the original one, but that's no problem to me.

The crown is a bit hard to pull out. There is no fast date setting possibility.

He would sell it to me for 350 Euros, as you can see on ebay price is already 354 and will probably climb to 500 or more, so i think i could make a good deal, if theres not a lot speaking against it.

Thank you guys very much for your help in advance.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg
  2. fjf Nov 1, 2017

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 1, 2017

I think the dial most likely is original. There are so many legitimate dial variations when we see something a bit different its easy to assume its a redial. Its a no lume dial with correct no lume hands and the fact that the case still has its original gasket an indicator to me that the watch is and original survivor.

"Searching for similar seamasters, i only saw double indexes on the 12, and this one only has one." Note that the one at 12 o'clock is wider than the others.

mydeafcat likes this.
  4. Kyle187 Nov 2, 2017

Thank you very much for the answers guys.

I ended up not buying it, because i just don't want to buy something i am not 100% sure about. I will wait and just buy one from someone fully trustworthy, even if i overpay a bit.