Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 165.002 Military Dial

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 28, 2020

Dear ΩF

Up for grabs a fabulous Omega Seamaster 165.002 military dial with an absolutely stunning dial and lume. As much as I love it, it simply does not get the wrist time it deserves, and so I move it on for someone else to covet and enjoy.

Compared to its cousin the Seamaster 300 (165.024), these don't come around too often, let alone as yummy as this.

IMG_6628.jpg
    The strap is not included in the sale.

IMG_6634.jpg
    This watch is in great condition, and to my eye looks like it has not been abused, but shows some signs of having lived a life.

IMG_6633.jpg
    There are some scratches on the caseback, honestly only noticed this now.

IMG_6635.jpg IMG_6636.jpg IMG_6637.jpg IMG_6638.jpg
    To my eye this case has not been polished.

This watch has been serviced by Romain (https://www.atelier-h13.ch/) in February of this year (2020) and should still have some warrenty left. As such, everything functions 100%, and I do not open the watch for movement shots, but show you shots from pre-service.

20190926_195539.jpg
    Movement looked clean before service. I can only imagine it looks even better now.

20190926_195554.jpg
    Here are some more shots on strap (with epileptic-fit-inducing-background). A lovely lovely piece.

IMG_6629.jpg IMG_6630.jpg IMG_6631.jpg IMG_6632.jpg IMG_6639.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 1850 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my bank (Transferwise) account. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to request any further angles etc.

My price includes shipping and insurance to wherever you are in the world.

Click here for references on ΩF.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms of the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

PS: a gratuitous wrist shot

IMG_6438.jpg

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 30, 2020

Quite some interest (but still no bueno), and a few questions I thought good to address here.

Hour hand has not been relumed (IMHO), it simply lighter in shade of yellow to the dial (please note : all scratches are on the crystal, not the dial).

IMG_6646.jpg
    IMG_6647.jpg

And here a 45s black-light discharge ...

IMG_6642.jpg IMG_6643.jpg IMG_6644.jpg IMG_6645.jpg

Edited Dec 30, 2020
    Mossback, Seaborg, zrleopold and 5 others like this.
  3. Davidt Dec 30, 2020

Things must be slow if this is still here after 24 hours.
    Stunning watch, not often seen for sale.

If somehow this is still here in a few days (it shouldn’t be) I’ll be compelled to PM you! GLWS.