Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 120m 166.0250 "Baby PloProf"

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 27, 2019

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily :D

The spring cleaning continues: I am selling my Omega Seamaster 120m 166.0250, often called "Baby PloProf".

This is an original Baby PloProf, not one put together from NOS parts like the many ones Cousins/Watchco cranked out a few years back. The tell-tale sign is the bezel - these modern ones, which are perfectly fine watches btw, will certainly not sport a gorgeous, original (bakelite I believe) bezel like mine ::love::

[​IMG]

What is really amazing about this one is the dial/hands/insert combo... the colors go crazily well together, the warm patina of the indices matches that of the bezel, and that orange minute sword hand sure pops!

I will reuse the amazing macros from the previous owner: he kindly granted me permission to recycle them as I have only carefully worn it a handful of times - it is in the exact same shape:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case is sharp, but has some marks. The bakelite insert is not damaged, which is pretty amazing for this reference. Please note that the tritium dial has no "T" 's, which, quite surprisingly is rather common on this reference, but this is the original, trit' dial.

Beyond the 1162 bracelet which I *think* might not be original, I believe the watch is all original. It runs a couple of dozen seconds slow per day, although the previous owner told me his predecessor had it serviced not long before he bought it, but has no proof of it. I would not necessarily factor a service cost in, because it still runs very well, unless you intend to wear it daily... and even then...

This "Baby Ploprof" is in fantastic shape, especially for a "true" toolwatch of this kind: the homogeneous patina across dial, hands and balelite, multi-colored bezel is stunning... I've scouted the usual sites inc. C24, but there are either non-original ones or some poorly battered versions, as these were used for what they were designed for: rugged activities, which wore them out pretty significantly. I believe you will not find a sharper Baby Ploprof for sale on the market at the moment :)

Specs:
    Caliber: 1010 w/ hackable seconds
    Case size: 39mm ex. crown
    Crystal: Sapphire
    Crown: Signed omega,
    Lug width: 22mm
    Bracelet: Omega 1162/172 - the Mack Daddy of tapered metal bracelet !- that can easily accomodate 18cm wrists.
    No B&P

I would like to get 3800CHF including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my bank account, net to me. If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way :thumbsup: If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please.

SALES TERMS (inspired by Spacefruit's)

I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references by searching my username. I have met some omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't desperetely lowballing me.

Returns:

I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn :)

Payment

Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I am asking for a "net to me" amount not because I can't man up, but because depending on where the thing ships to and where payment is made from, the extras to handle this all can amount to a chunky amount of cash, which, compared to the value of this piece, can be ridiculously significant. Were I selling a $150K Daytona, I wouldn't bother, but on a smaller watch, it does make a difference. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area.

Thank you OF for the space! :)

Paul

Edited Mar 27, 2019
  2. jose75 Mar 27, 2019

Beautiful watch...GLWS

Lonestar likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 27, 2019

Damn, that is nice. GLWS :thumbsup:

Lonestar likes this.
  4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 28, 2019

Thank you all for the kind words, it's quite a lovely piece indeed ::love:: and it seemingly hit the bullseye rather swiftly as it is now OHPF :)

EDIT: NOW PAID FOR AND SOLD, outside of OF :confused: but in another enthusiast's community I also belong to, so it did go to a good new owner. In any case, Thanks OF for the space and all the fantastic OF members. :thumbsup:

Edited Apr 4, 2019
    sliceoftime_ likes this.
  5. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 28, 2019

Don't forget to change the prefix accordingly :whistling:

Well done, congrats to both, the buyer and the seller :thumbsup:

Lonestar likes this.
  6. fibonacci086 Mar 28, 2019

Great watch with great provenance :p

Lonestar likes this.
  7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 28, 2019

One never actually owns a Baby Ploprof, you know...