Forums Latest Members

[Omega Seamaster] 120 M (2511.81.00) - help with band

1. Flashman Jan 23, 2018

I've bought a used Omega Seamaster 120 M (2511.81.00) and I know the band will be too small for me, based on the website I'm buying it from (eLady) giving the measurements.

Short-term, I'll throw a NATO onto it so I can wear it, but I do want to have the option of the band, especially as it's such a beautiful one, and so many people say it's comfortable.

What are my options? Links seem incredibly expensive, but I guess that's to be expected. Is there a "smart" way of doing this, like particular places to look, etc?

Thanks in advance.

johncola36 likes this.
  2. 77deluxe Jan 23, 2018

I like your NATO idea. Simple solution to a complex problem.

johncola36 and Flashman like this.
  3. wsfarrell Jan 24, 2018

I believe that has the 1501 bracelet with 823 end links. These are nice bracelets--heavy and comfortable. eBay sellers have extra links for these, e.g.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Sema...045426&hash=item2a9d63b66f:g:OfsAAOSwBOlaZEgqPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I've worked a lot with this style of bracelet and would be happy to set it up for you (no charge) if you get the watch and extra link(s). PM if interested.

Flashman likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 24, 2018

Go to a boutique or AD with the watch and buy a link. It is the cheapest way possible these days and they may offer to fit it for you free of charge, several do. Expect a single link to be circa £25/$35. If you need 2, buy 2.

Flashman likes this.
  5. Flashman Jan 24, 2018

Great comments and advice from everyone, thanks!

I'll start with padders suggestion, but may end up in contact with you, wsfarrell :)

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 24, 2018

btw if you don't mind, give some feedback here when the watch arrives on whether you are happy. There is another thread here regarding an eLady purchase where the original photos were either poorly taken or deliberately manipulated to hide some significant bezel damage so it would be good to get another data point. They are a big seller with decent customer feedback so I am not suggesting your watch won't be fine but it may be useful to see if it was a one off or a recent thing.

Flashman likes this.
  7. Flashman Jan 24, 2018

Happy to do that, padders. I'll add that I did a lot of research on eLady before I pulled the trigger on the purchase. Feedback I saw, across all sorts of forums and Reddit was pretty effusive, so I felt comfortable. That doesn't mean someone won't have had a dud purchase or something out of the ordinary, but based on everything I've read, it would seem rare. I will report in... pictures, etc, when it arrives.

8. kwiklot Jan 24, 2018

Looks like you have the way ahead, keep us updated, and welcome to the forums. :)

Flashman likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 24, 2018

Full link - 114ST1501

1/2 link - 115ST1501

Note that there is one small "gotcha" on these. Depending on the time frame the bracelet was made, the tubes that go in the links with the pins are different diameters - some 1.2 mm and some 1.3 mm. You would have to measure the tubes to determine which size is needed if you need any...

Cheers, Al

Flashman, Placts and padders like this.
  10. Flashman Jan 24, 2018

That's something I never would have thought of, Archer. Thanks for the tip...!

11. Placts Jan 26, 2018

that's something i wanted to say myself and then i saw your post
    Archer lots of thanks as i definitely wouldn't have thought about that myself but it does seems to be really useful! thanks a lot!

Flashman likes this.
  12. Flashman Jan 27, 2018

@Archer Just thinking about it, if I was to buy "the wrong" links (spotting a difference of 1mm might be beyond me), is there a workaround?

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 27, 2018

You just need to have the correct tubes. So if in doubt, get both sizes of tubes and you should be fine. Often the links will come with them, but not always.

Flashman likes this.
  14. Flashman Jan 27, 2018

Cheers @Archer I'm starting to look at links, etc. Just waiting for the watch first, so I know how many I need.

As well is singles, I'm also seeing clusters of 4 (maybe 5) that can't be detached from each other. Are they common?

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 28, 2018

They are on every bracelet...

16. Flashman Jan 28, 2018

My mistake, I was unaware of that. Thank you.

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 29, 2018

You will find that close to the lugs of the watch there will be a strand of permanent links that are not designed to be taken apart (at least not easily). Then as you get towards the clasp there will be the removable links that are used for sizing. Buying a strand of permanent links won't help you if you just need to add in a removable link.

Cheers, Al

Flashman likes this.
  18. Flashman Jan 29, 2018

Thank you, Al.

19. strick9 Jan 30, 2018

If it's for the mid-size I have four you can have or anyone that needs them they look real but I think their copies I had to file and fit the ones on my large Seamaster they look good I just have a large wrist and hands and feet and that was all I was given :( and those links someone posted are what these are 18mm

Flashman likes this.
  20. Flashman Jan 30, 2018

That's really nice of you @strick9 but I went to the local Boutique and have organised new links for the original band.

Someone else might see this, however, and take you up on the offer...!