Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 120 - 166.073 Deep Blue

1. photo500 Aug 6, 2018

Hi All,
    For sale here is a highly original Seamaster 120, or Deep blue, as some call it. This is a fairly unusual variation of the 565 engined Seamaster and while they do come up for sale from time to time they are by no means common.

My 120 has been refinished in the past, however, it still wears its original crystal, dial, hands and caseback. The original crown is included with the sale but has been replaced in order to ensure the watch is waterproof. It can be refitted as long as you promise never to take it near water afterwards ;)

I have serviced the movement and replaced quite a few parts with new ones including the complete balance and mainspring of course. The quickset date function works perfectly and the movement is smooth to wind and set. I have the proper tools for servicing the reverser and a large stock of NOS movement parts so no expense was spared in that regard.

The case was disassembled and cleaned, I have aligned the Omega symbol in the crystal and fitted a new crown tube. New caseback seal too of course.

A couple of things to note; the crystal is crazed and would normally be up for replacement however so few of these old Seamasters still have the original one, I decided to leave it.

The dial has some spots on it. They have proven very hard to photograph. Most noticeable are two between the 9 marker and the centre of the dial. Looking at the photos now I can't see them at all though, only the crazing in the crystal.

On the plus side, the lume on the dial, hands and bezel is very attractive. The case back engraving is fairly deep and complete, it comes on its original 1150 / 634 bracelet which is also in excellent condition. The bezel insert itself is a genuine thing of beauty!

I will provide a service certificate to the buyer which shows the timing results and particulars of the watch. A printout of the pressure testing will also be provided, this was only done to 3 bar as that crystal crazing has technically weakened it. I personally would never swim or go near water with a vintage watch, but people do crazy things and sometimes without realising so I felt it would be better to make sure the watch at least pass a basic pressure test.

Price is $4625 USD which includes DHL Express delivery and Paypal fee's. I'm located in Australia. Yes, I'm a Watchmaker however am not currently accepting general servicing work or quoting :)

Thank you for the space OF :) The last photo is simply a relative size comparison and I hope it goes without saying the extra watch is not included...

fullsizeoutput_627f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6249.jpeg fullsizeoutput_623e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6241.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6245.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6280.jpeg fullsizeoutput_624b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6246.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6244.jpeg fullsizeoutput_623b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6243.jpeg P8050320.JPG fullsizeoutput_6282.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6265.jpeg
  2. marco Aug 7, 2018

I have seen this in the metal and if I did not have a big incoming I would be all over this. Beautiful piece imho.

photo500 likes this.
  3. photo500 Aug 7, 2018

Now sold, thank you to the buyer and OF for the space :)