Forums Latest Members
  1. Speedmasterfan88 Feb 10, 2016

As my Birthday approaches i'm trolling around for something I maybe could gift myself.

I came across a threat here where some of you enablers ;) showed of your beautiful 120's and since then i'm hooked.

So I came across this piece, it looks fine to me and the grey fading bezel realy speeks to me as it would acompany my grey fading speedy well.

But I have little to no knowledge about the SM120's so i'm curious what you guys think.

The overstamped ref. number in the caseback gives me some headaches...

Is this one worth taking a Second Look or should I keep my hands away from it?

Thanks in advance, cheers

Max.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Kja Feb 10, 2016

Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the date bezel has come off? Maybe it's just the lighting.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  3. Speedmasterfan88 Feb 10, 2016

You mean the square surrounding of the date window? It's there, here is a pic from a different angle. Apart from the missing lume dot at 12-bezel Mark is there anything seriously wrong with the watch?
    *Note: These are the sellers pics, I had not had the Chance to see the watch in person.
    image.jpeg

4. dragoman Feb 10, 2016

The overstamped reference is an Omega thing. I have seen several ones like that. Probably they overestimated how many non-date they would make, and when they run out of 166 (the date reference) they stamped out the 165 and stamped the 166 beneath. I have also seen something similar with the manual wound 120.

In any cas, you can rest assured no Frankenmeister would do such sloppy job.

The question is whether that caseback is the original one of the watch or a service one.

That is something I don't know.

5. Speedmasterfan88 Feb 10, 2016

Thanks for the Info ! Do you may Know any source where i could cross check for movement numbers to know if the one on the watch is period correct like you can with speedy mov. Numbers on speedmaster101?

6. dragoman Feb 10, 2016