Forums Latest Members
  1. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

This discussion is closed

Edited Apr 8, 2021
  2. Knight4ADay Oct 17, 2020

I'm sorry for your predicament and hope Omega can fix their mistakes. They definitely shouldn't have done that to the caseback. Did you tell Omega to service the movement only? Usually if you don't specify they will completely refresh the watch and they don't give the old parts back either.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

You got the pushers etc but not the caseback (and bezel).

I suspect shennanigans.

Keep at them and don't take no for an answer.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

Since when?

5. Knight4ADay Oct 17, 2020

My mistake, I assumed Omega was like Rolex in that regard.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

Not yet :cautious:.

Knight4ADay likes this.
  7. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

I did not specify the service, unfortunately. But when I got my Flightmaster serviced, they called me about parts if I want them replaced or not, so I assumed they are careful... -NOT!

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

Which service centre was it?

9. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

Not sure, I have sent it via the shop in Amsterdam (which has been absolutely lovely). It went either to Switzerland or Belgium.....

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 17, 2020

Say you will file a criminal complaint for theft. They are professionals and must have known it was valuable.
    I’m kind of fed up hearing that mega multinationals are unaware vintage original watches are valuable when they are untouched. Why do they bid them up at auction for their museums then?

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

If it went to a legitimate Omega Service Centre you will have received a detailed account/invoice on official Omega letterhead describing exactly what they did to your watch.

If you didn't get that then................

Foo2rama likes this.
  12. Rudi99 Oct 17, 2020

Both in your blog and in your post there is not a single picture of the face of the dial.:oops:

Would you mind posting them? I got curious to see the face of the watch!

13. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

Just wondering, even if they can find the caseback, they also replaced the Pushers and
    This is from before the service. The bezel had a few scratches. Now it has a new one....

D733F5D8-AB97-4559-8ADC-1D59037AF898.JPG
    noelekal, Thrasher36 and Rudi99 like this.
  14. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

I know that it went to Omega. It came back in the red service pouch, but I refused it straight away in the shop, so it went back.

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 17, 2020

Red service pouches are everywhere, they aren't evidence of a service.

When you hand your watch over for service, you should receive an "Acknowledgement" document that indicates that ownership has been accepted by Omega.

When you get your watch back you should get your watch, all replaced parts, all documentation, and of course, a red sevice pouch.

I don't wish to be pedantic, but if you don't have two documents like this, I suspect it didn't to to an Omega service centre.

IMG_5167.JPG

noelekal, flw, Eve and 3 others like this.
  16. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 17, 2020

How do you know it went to Omega? Parts like the bezel and caseback are charged extra and an Omega Service Centre will always make you aware of the extra cost (which is considerable) before doing the work, were you notified about the extra cost? Some military purchases X33s get free servicing. Is this the case here? If so maybe the downside is they feel free to change what they like, though I can't imagine many fliers liking that they lose their squadron or plane insignia.

I suspect that the intermediary here has either stolen the parts themselves, or possibly not used an official Omega Service Centre, but a third party. The red cases mean nothing, STS (authorised but no official) use them and they are freely available to buy. I have 6 myself.

ps that pressure test print out looks to be definitely not what you would normally see from an official service centre.

Dan S and DaveK like this.
  17. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

I'm sure they had that but I did not get that far. Looked at the watch and refused it. Also the shop is run by Swatchgroup, so Im not worried about that. They have serviced my flightmaster before and I have the papers you describe from that.

18. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

The shop is run by Swatchgroup which is omega. Also I have an offer for the service from Omega on Omega Paper. I did check the free service but Omega Germany, nor Omega Benelux, nor Omega Swizzerland knew about it (I called them before the service to find out).

19. Nitram986 Oct 17, 2020

ps that pressure test print out looks to be definitely not what you would normally see from an official service centre.[/QUOTE]
    The pressure test is not Omega, well spotted, its a service of the "boutique".

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 17, 2020

So have they billed separately for the new components? Something just doesn't check out here. You should have received an itemised invoice back with the watch listing what was changed and starting your 2 year warranty. I understand you were angry and refused to take collection, but you need to see what is on the paperwork. I still think there is a good chance you are blaming the wrong people here, though mistakes do happen of course.

Are you even sure it was your watch that came back? If you had the paperwork, you could check the serial number,

Kmart, Foo2rama, tikkathree and 6 others like this.