Omega ref.2800-1 small seconds with suspicious dial

So I've recently discovered the ref.125.005 and have fallen in love with the dial (namely the indices on the small seconds). I just found a ref.2800-1 and noticed that the dial looks incredibly similar, especially the small seconds. The hands are also very similar. The caliber on the 2800-1 is a 266, according to the pictures posted by the seller, but I haven't been able to find any other 2800-1's that have a similar dial. Could this be a 2800-1 with a 266 caliber and a dial from a 125.005? The 125.005 uses a cal.651, from my research. Both movements are hand wound with small seconds, but I am far from an expert, closer to a novice when it comes to telling the difference between two movements. The seller says the case diameter is 35mm. Price seems reasonable at around $600. Any thoughts?

20176002-7zib8o9f4itaqaj2f93m9be5-ExtraLarge.jpg
20176002-1822xx670dmg32230mo4vfs1-ExtraLarge.jpg
messaging.htm
messaging.htm
messaging.htm

A ref. 125.005 for reference
19353571-dsc2u1xyyvgx7t6kenxbgbv7-ExtraLarge.jpg
Edited:

and regarding the price i think you can find similar on eBay auctions for about 400 USD..Regards.

Thanks very much for the information @ApolloXVII and @hoipolloi

I was starting to suspect a refinish after inspecting the pictures again. Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a good price on a ref.125.005? They don't seem to come up very often and I haven't been able to find much about them or the 651 caliber. I have seen a few in gold (plated?) cases, as well as two tone and plain steel cases. I think i prefer the plain steel myself.

Thanks very much for the information @ApolloXVII and @hoipolloi

I was starting to suspect a refinish after inspecting the pictures again. Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a good price on a ref.125.005? They don't seem to come up very often and I haven't been able to find much about them or the 651 caliber. I have seen a few in gold (plated?) cases, as well as two tone and plain steel cases. I think i prefer the plain steel myself.

It's a slim elegant and understated dress watch. I agree the steel suits it best. Gold looks wrong on this, and two-tone never looks right to me on any watch. (Ymmv). White gold/platinum is fine though if you wanna be extravagant ;o)

Mine has an issue. My now retired watchmaker told me it needs a new balance as the hairspring is a bit screwed up, but I might try to find someone skilled enough to sort it out without replacing it.

The 651 is actually a peseaux/eta 7001 movement which is still used by a number of other manufacturers for small seconds watches. I don't know to what extent - if at all - Omega muck around with it. When the problem with mine was diagnosed I asked on here if the peseaux 7001 balance (I can find those) is a direct replacement, but no-one knew.

I have one in a Nomos Club (lovely watch by the way). On a timing machine that has a delta at full wind of 8 seconds over all 6 positions, and it runs on the wrist about +2.5 per day. Small seconds so not easy to be precise.

Also have one in a Junghans Meister - another great performer - delta of 6 at full wind, and about +2 on the wrist.

I suspect that both Nomos and Junghans do extra adjustments to get that level of performance, unless I'm just lucky..

Both of those hack, so easy to correct, but from memory I don't think the Omega 651 version does.

Can't help you on the price as like you say not many come up, but lovely watch if you want something in that sort of style.