Forums Latest Members
  1. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 30, 2015

Good morning gentleman,

I have come across an Omega Ref 2374 on auction. It is not in the greatest condition and is missing one of the springs for the bumper weight as well as an apparent replacement crown. Everything else looks legit to me but I cant tell if it has been polished or not. I am inclined to think that it has some time ago. Below are photos I have received from the auction house after my enquiry. I am considering submitting an absentee bid for the watch and would like to know a reasonable maximum bid for the watch as is. It is solid gold and have picked up a few hallmarks from the pictures provided. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    JP

This is the condition report received:
    • Dial heavily stained
    • Scratches on dial glass
    • Scratches on bezel casing and small indentations on bezel just by glass
    • Later strap heavily worn
    • Small spring missing in movement on one side of automatic winding mechanism, causing the watch to sound like there is something rattling or there is a noise when sharp movements are made - the watch however is currently working at time of condition report
    Below are some photos that I received as part of the condition report: 999.jpg 999 (10).jpg 999 (8).jpg 999 (7).jpg 999 (3).jpg 999 (5).jpg 999 (2).jpg 999 (1).jpg

2. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 31, 2015

No one interested enough to comment?

3. tdn-dk Jul 31, 2015

To many issues in my opnion, they are not difficult to find. This 2374 i got recently from an auction for 250 USD, so unless it is very cheap i would find an other one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BenBagbag likes this.
  4. mac_omega Jul 31, 2015

I do not understand why you want to buy this beaten up watch - nothing is beautiful on this example, just heavily worn all around.

I would pass and try to find a much better example - they are not that rare...

just my 2 cents

NT931 likes this.
  5. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Jul 31, 2015

Thank you for the advice guys. The estimate is fairly low ($158-$315) for a solid gold watch and the watch is also local so I wont have to pay customs or courier fees. Well that was my train of thought anyway...

I may just put an offer in on the minimum and see what happens. Thanks again

JP

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 31, 2015

Worth only melt value to me and maybe an extra $50 for parts...unless you are looking for a project watch, I would pass!

7. Wongo Jul 31, 2015

Case does looks ok
    Movement pretty clean
    A new crystal and a nice would make this looks alot better.

8. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Aug 12, 2015

Thought I'd let you guys know that I put in a bid of $200 taking a chance, but really didn't have a hope in h#ll! It ended up selling for approximately $760...