Omega Recife - WTB Clasp

Posts
7
Likes
2
Hi All,

I recently acquired an Omega Seamaster Recife, ref. 396.0984 - the black dial version.

Been looking for such watch in good acceptable condition for quite some time now, and therefore I also decided to purchase it when it surfaced, even though it came with an unoriginal clasp. Therefore, I was hoping that some of you might have a spare clasp laying around. If that is the case, please let me know as I would be really interested in buying it.

For the meantime, if you have any ideas for a temporary solution that might fit the appearance of the Recife (even though I know it might be a long shot) please send me your suggestions.

As this is my first post here, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum - if not, please let me know 😀

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Kristian

 
Posts
869
Likes
2,206
Welcome to the forum. There are some rules about making WTB post before you become a bit more of a contributor here (200 posts). That being said, hopefully someone might chime in with some info to assist. Good luck on the hunt, mate.
 
Posts
7
Likes
2
Hi fiberguy,
Thanks for replying to my thread! Much appreciated!
I was not aware of the rules of the 200 posts, will keep that in mind for the future!
Thank you, I assume the hunt will be long, but hopefully successful at some point in the future 😀
 
Posts
2,608
Likes
2,788
Hi fiberguy,
Thanks for replying to my thread! Much appreciated!
I was not aware of the rules of the 200 posts, will keep that in mind for the future!
Thank you, I assume the hunt will be long, but hopefully successful at some point in the future 😀
It'll be costly, but that is new enough that Omega themselves might have some. You might spend some time figuring out the clasp part number and seeing if a local AD/OB can order it for you.
 
Posts
7
Likes
2
It'll be costly, but that is new enough that Omega themselves might have some. You might spend some time figuring out the clasp part number and seeing if a local AD/OB can order it for you.
Thanks for your message Erich!
Indeed - I assume it will be a bit pricy, but also expect that the search itself is going to be tough. You really think that Omega might have some in storage? I mean, the reference is not exactly that common, and the material either?
 
Posts
2,608
Likes
2,788
Thanks for your message Erich!
Indeed - I assume it will be a bit pricy, but also expect that the search itself is going to be tough. You really think that Omega might have some in storage? I mean, the reference is not exactly that common, and the material either?
Pretty decent chance? I'd suggest asking at least. You might have to do the work to track down the correct reference number for the clasp though.
 
Posts
7
Likes
2
Pretty decent chance? I'd suggest asking at least. You might have to do the work to track down the correct reference number for the clasp though.
Will definitely give it a chance! I found the ref. number 1423/082 for the bracelet itself. Not sure if that is covering the clasp as well. Can't seem to find any information about that online.