Forums Latest Members
  1. DIV Apr 17, 2016

I have become enamored with the Ranchero especially now that it looks like a new retro version of the Railmaster is either delayed or not forthcoming....
    I have an all original 2990, but I'm hunting for an original 2996 (center seconds version).
    While I'm searching, I don't mind enjoying a "restored" one with a redial as a place holder.
    There are very few all original Rancheros in the market and I was wondering if anyone knows the serial number range as an additional tool for confirming whether a "restored" Ranchero really left the factory as a Ranchero or something else.
    The reference info for this model is pretty scarse on the Internet.
    Any help would be appreciated....thank you...
    Here's my 2990
    [​IMG]

2. micampe Apr 17, 2016

1957 to 1958, 15M to 17M should generally be ok, according to the serial numbers tables you find online.

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 17, 2016

The caveat is that you will not be able to tell if it was previously a Seamaster 2990 that had the dial "upgraded". These have a similar serial range.

4. DIV Apr 17, 2016

That's what I figured too....thank you for the responds...the only way to really be sure is having the authentic dial, and that's getting to be tough.

5. micampe Apr 17, 2016

oh I misread the original post. I would just assume any “restored” ranchero to not be born as a ranchero, regardless of movement serial number.