Forums Latest Members
  1. sohail Sep 29, 2013

Hi This listing is on ebay and the seller states that it has been serviced by bienne omega . My question to experts ...... Will this dial be considered as replacement original or refinished ? Regards

image.jpg
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 29, 2013

can not see luminous wells in the thick amagnetic soft iron dial....... looks printed on. therefore no way. but on the other hand the reprinted dials, omega offers, are absolute sub standard in the railmaster `s case. if the original amag. dial was destroyed or lost, that might be considered a replacement dial. normal blanc without wells. and that would shed over 30% from the value anyway.... there are guys out there, who can make a thick soft iron dial blanc. but to my knowledge nobody came up with the correct luminous wells.... kind regards. achim

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 29, 2013

If you're going to re-do a vintage railmaster this much you are better off buying a brand new modern version. This could still be a repaint of the original dial but it's a moot point for me.

4. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 29, 2013

Respectable Member MSNWatch

I totally agree.

Even though I do not own any vintage Omega now, if someone were to give me this Railmaster for free, I shall return the watch to him or her and say, 'Thank you. Sorry, please take it back.'

More than probably, no vintage-watch lover in his right mind, will want to wear, much less own this character-less watch.

Thank-you.