Forums Latest Members

Omega Railmaster strap for wedding....a new member

1. SRB88 Jan 16, 2018

Hello!
    I'm new to the forum, and have recently purchased my first Omega, an Omega Railmater 2803.52 from the forum. A bit about myself, I'm a molecular biologist and have self diagnosed myself with an affliction, apparently it revolves around collecting Omega watches! (now that I've finished study I'm earning coin that facilitates my affliction!)

A bit about the watch: My Railmaster came with the original black crocodile leather strap and omega clasp. But its a bit old and and I'd like to get a new one. I'm chasing a brown crocodile leather strap with white stitching that will fit the omega clasp.
    If I don't purchase a speedy moonwatch before my brothers wedding in the middle of the year I'll be wearing my Railmaster.
    I'd like to see anybody eles Railmasters with leather straps and would like to know were you got the strap from? Any comments, suggestions or photos would be much appreciated.

Here are a few dodgy photos from my iphone. I'm currently wearing it on a black and dark grey stripped NATO strap.

IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0023.JPG

Patg and STANDY like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 16, 2018

Welcome onboard, good to see you here and posting pictures of your watch.

Plenty of Railmaster fans here.

3. ConElPueblo Jan 16, 2018

Welcome aboard :)

I have a black Hirsch alligator strap that I often use on my Speedmaster, absolutely love that one. Should be very easy to source.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Patg Jan 16, 2018

Congratulations! Nice watch, would look cool under that electron microscope you have in your lab! ...wishful thinking. Good luck on the hunt before your brothers wedding

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 16, 2018

Welcome to the money pit.

I'm glad to see you have chosen one of Omega's best recent editions, rather than another bloody Speedmaster ;).

You're entitled to convene with the "Railmasters", a very select group.

As to a strap, a nice Hirsch Leonardo with contrasting stitching should look good. I'll see if I can dig one up from my spares box.

Here's my favourite semi-dress Omega.

RM.jpg

TedG954 and dougiedude like this.
  6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 16, 2018

Welcome, that's a nice place to start.

7. 77deluxe Jan 16, 2018

Shell cordovan #8.

8. SRB88 Jan 17, 2018

Thanks everyone! Much appreciate the help, I like the look of the Hirsch straps.

9. akshayluc420 Jan 17, 2018

10. yinzerniner Jan 17, 2018

Post a pic of the Omega clasp and I'm sure more recommendations will flow in. The reason why is that Omega has made small but significant changes to the clasp design itself and even the model of the clasp that came with certain watches. Would hate to recommend a strap that doesn't work with what you have, especially if you go custom or Omega-branded for a pretty penny.
    FYI if you're near an AD or OB you can go in and ask to look at the Omega strap brochures, which will show you a whole slew of different options.

11. BostonCanuck Jan 17, 2018

That brown alligator strap with contrast stitching (20 mm tapering to 18 mm for the Omega deployant clasp) is worth chasing down, in my opinion. This model was sold new on that strap, which should still be available from an Omega authorized dealer, if you're willing to part with the several hundred dollars that it costs. That's the one I have, and it perfectly captures the vintage feel of this watch.

http://watchbase.com/omega/railmaster/2803-52-37

12. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 17, 2018

image.jpg Omega cuz000918

TedG954, akshayluc420 and padders like this.
  13. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2018

Not sure where in the world you are, we are an international bunch but other than the obvious suggestion of going to an AD or Boutique and ordering the correct Omega strap (which obviously won't be cheap) another option is to use Cousins who are a UK supplier of watch parts. They do very high quality genuine Alligator straps cut exactly to fit Omega deployments (which use a funny combination of lengths vs the norm). These are about half to a third the price of the Omega originals but are just as good in my experience. I have my RM 2503 on one of these as I prefer it to the bracelet I also have.

IMG_6320.jpg

14. SRB88 Jan 18, 2018

I like that brown croc strap with the white stitching Vercingetorix, that' the look I'm going for. There are so many to choose from out there! I live in Darwin in the Northern Territory and their aren't any AD or OB's around that I can drop into readily.
    Here is a photo of the clasp and the strap that its currently worn one.
    When I purchase the strap I'll post a few pics, probably after my NZ trip :)

IMG_8357.JPG IMG_8351.JPG
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 18, 2018

16. kwiklot Jan 19, 2018

Absolute beauty of a watch, I'm sure there are more qualified people here who could help, but I think a bracelet would look good on your watch.
    Welcome aboard.

17. Df13 Jan 19, 2018

My favorite straps are the Hirsch James straps from their performance series, which I wear on my AT 2500. They have a leather veneer, but they're rubber underneath, so you can wear them in the shower/pool without worry. It makes the Railmaster/AT an undercover sports watch.

18. Aussie Jim Jan 19, 2018

I have a Bulang and Sons on my 2053.23. It seems to suit the watch IMG_0184.jpg IMG_0186.jpg

TedG954 likes this.
  19. kwiklot Jan 21, 2018

20. Sconniebt Jan 21, 2018

Here's the alligator strap I wore with my Railmaster on my wedding day. Matched my shoes. I thought it wore well.

IMG_4762.JPG IMG_4793.JPG
    roadcyclist likes this.