Forums Latest Members
  1. jw0n Apr 27, 2018

Local Omega boutique held a small event tonight, ushering in the new Railmaster. It was a rainy Friday evening, but a few close friends braved the weather (and horrendous traffic) to meet up.

So on to some pictures, here's a shot of what I believe is the 9900 movement:

[​IMG]

Case sizes... note that the top left is the mould for a ceramic case; one heated and compressed, it shrinks quite significantly!

[​IMG]

One of the few Speedy casebacks...

[​IMG]

And of course, the new denim Railmaster. Believe this wasn't part of the releases at Basel 2018, but it should start to arrive in-stores in the coming months. This will join the new silver and black dial Railmasters. I was told that this will be sold on bracelet, but will also include the denim strap you see pictured. While I think it is an interesting watch, I think the brown second hand and text on the dial is a bit meh.

Sorry, this was the best I could manage with the mediocre lighting in-store.

[​IMG]

And of course... what is a g2g without a group wristshot, right?

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 27, 2018
    robinhook, Larry S, Giff2577 and 17 others like this.
  2. Riviera Paradise Apr 27, 2018

Thanks for posting @jw0n !:)

Good to know the "Denim" will be available soon to check-out at the local OBs. IMO I think it will look much better on the bracelet. I do agree that the brown/bronze second hand could be an issue for some...looking forward to seeing this watch live before passing final judgement. I think it looks quite cool/fun and could be a good casual daily wearer alternative to my Exp 2.

watchos likes this.
  3. stevec14 Apr 28, 2018

I saw the black faced version this morning which appears not to have the brown second hand. Very nice looking piece and tempting at the price here in the U.K.

watchos likes this.
  4. ama98 Apr 28, 2018

Thanks for the picture @jw0n
    I am looking forward to see this model in person. So far the black dial is my choice...but it could change ;)

5. jw0n Apr 28, 2018

No problem folks, always happy to share. They're priced quite well too, especially if you can find an AD that can give a decent discount. An honest alternative to the Rolex base OP, imo. The black dial is the nice as well, but I also like the blue dial (minus the brown bits!).

6. Riviera Paradise May 4, 2018

I am very curious to see any photos of the Denim on a bracelet...the render below looks quite good.
    OMEGA-BASELWORLD-2018-Seamaster-Railmaster-Omega-Co-Axial-Master-Chronometer-40-MM-blue-dial.jpg

Normally Omega renders are quite poor and the watch looks better in live photos or on the wrist. I think the brushed steel bracelet offsets well the brown/bronze accents of the seconds hand and the Railmaster text.

DeamMoriarity, Deafboy and watchos like this.
  7. Riviera Paradise May 4, 2018

A rather awful attempt from me trying to create a mock-up on the steel bracelet. I cut out blue dial from a another picture (different perspective/plane) and roughly inserted the image on top of another black dial version photo...the planes were completely different so the end result is quite poor (sorry about the F11 msg...it does not come with the watch and no this railmaster is not a smartwatch:))...still if you squint your eyes I think the photo below might give a rough idea of what the "Denim" might look live on a bracelet:)
    Railmaster Blue Dial and Bracelet mock-up 2.jpg
    Omega BLUE DIAL RAILMASTER MOCK-UP 2.jpg

Edited May 5, 2018
    Longbow and Mtek like this.
  8. Riviera Paradise May 6, 2018

One more attempt...still pretty poor but at least this one is a simulated wrist shot:)
    Railmaster Blue Dial and Bracelet mock-up.jpg

Longbow and RRMagyar like this.
  9. watchos May 6, 2018

The blue color and white makers are great. As others have pointed out, the brown seconds hand is weird.

The black dial version looks great too.

The brushed metal case and bracelet perfect. The one thing I like about any Rolex Watch is the brushed Oyster bracelet. This is the best of both worlds: brushed minus the Rolex. ;)

Been on the fence on which I like better. Not sure if I'd buy it just yet.

10. SeanO May 7, 2018

I reckon that would look quite nice in a bronze or black case.

11. Riviera Paradise Jul 24, 2018

Edited Jul 24, 2018
    Longbow and Stgo2019 like this.
  12. Stgo2019 Jul 24, 2018

I’m a sucker for blue dials.

I like it, call me crazy, but I think it would look better with “vintage lume.”

robinhook, ama98 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  13. ama98 Jul 24, 2018

14. pianomankd Jul 24, 2018

15. Riviera Paradise Jul 24, 2018

1. Are you sure? I find it hard to believe...perhaps your specific AD/OB has already taken their limit of orders for the year?
    2. This is not a LE so they will be available sometime in the future, just a question of being zen/patient:)

16. RRMagyar Jul 24, 2018

Thanks, Riviera Paradise for the news. I agree with you—the watch cannot be sold out — simply an inventory issue. I am also looking forward to seeing this watch in hand. I have three Omegas; maybe this could be the fourth!

17. sn0wman72 Jul 24, 2018

Liking the Denim dial, the brown-ish seconds hand I am unsure of, maybe it is more orange in person

18. llvhhui Jul 24, 2018

The one with the denim NATO strap is unavailable.

19. Riviera Paradise Jul 25, 2018

Well lots of press releases today mentioning the "Denim Railmaster", but no hands-on reviews with live photos/wrist shots.

I really wish Omega had not forced the "Denim" tie-in so strongly with some clearly "Wrangler" inspired photos. Very cheesy stuff IMO, almost enough to put me off wanting to buy the watch.

Yet again we see another lame and very poor Omega marketing effort bring down what looks like quite a good product (at least on the SS bracelet).

20. ama98 Jul 27, 2018

I got an email from my local OB so I paid them a visit. Besides the new 300M Diver they had the new Denim Railmaster (all of them working but not for sale units).
    Unfortunately not the SS version, but I guess it was better then nothing.

20180709_113341.jpg 20180709_113344.jpg