Omega Railmaster CK2914-1 query

I collect vintage Omega and Longine watches.

I purchased an Omega Railmaster CK2914-1 from my independent Watchmaker in the UK in April 2023.

The watch was serviced in May 2020 and I am assured is original in every way. Caliber 284 movement number 15,389,xxx. Omega extract dates it to 18 October 1957 sent to Japan.

I have decided to part with it to help in scratching my Speedmaster itch.

As it is running a bit slow, I was wondering if I should have it serviced before placing it for sale?

Does anyone have an idea of value?

These are watchmakers photos, not mine

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Certainly a recently serviced watch will appeal to most buyers except for the DIY buyer. The servicing of this watch should be a small part of it's overall value. Beautiful Railmaster, good luck with the sale.

Certainly a recently serviced watch will appeal to most buyers except for the DIY buyer. The servicing of this watch should be a small part of it's overall value. Beautiful Railmaster, good luck with the sale.

I’m going to respectfully disagree. Most vintage collectors prefer to have the watches serviced by their own, preferred watchmakers. I doubt that having the watch serviced would add any value to the sale. The general recommendation by collectors on this forum is sell as is.

I agree with Don, and am confident that a large percentage of higher end collectors would also agree.

Same. I’d prefer to buy it unserviced and have the work done by someone I personally trust and to my own requirements.
Buying a ready serviced vintage watch is a negative to me unless I know the seller and/or the watchmaker.

I’m going to respectfully disagree. Most vintage collectors prefer to have the watches serviced by their own, preferred watchmakers. I doubt that having the watch serviced would add any value to the sale. The general recommendation by collectors on this forum is sell as is.
Thank you for your good advice which I'll most likely follow.

👍

Same. I’d prefer to buy it unserviced and have the work done by someone I personally trust and to my own requirements.
Buying a ready serviced vintage watch is a negative to me unless I know the seller and/or the watchmaker.

I agree with Don, and am confident that a large percentage of higher end collectors would also agree.