Forums Latest Members
  1. Glenn Dec 30, 2014

Hi, I was talking to an assistant from a very well known UK watch store chain and was advised that Omega were due to put their prices up by approx. 15% & expected this to take place around the end of Jan 2015.

I am hoping to have funds in place to purchase both a Speedmaster Professional (moon watch) and a Seamaster Professional 300m (black face) during the second half of 2015 but am concerned after being told the above. I thought I read somewhere else that Omega usually announced prices increases in October?

Does anyone have any idea if UK prices will be going up in 2015, or was this just someone trying to "encourage" me to buy now?

Thanks

2. andrewd Dec 30, 2014

oldest sales trick in the book....

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 30, 2014

March to May is normally the time when the watch manufacturers put up their prices, it coincides with one of the big watch shows in Switzerland - Baselworld

Edited Dec 30, 2014
  4. Woody Dec 30, 2014

There is no such thing as a month when manufacturers increase prices......just a sales technique. Keep saving and check out some of the well known on-line "grey dealers" for a heavy discount on new Omegas........you should be able to save 20-30% on the list price for a new Speedmaster.

5. flw history nerd Dec 30, 2014

I recently asked my Rolex AD a similar question (I hope to buy a black Submariner Date in the next few months) ... He said that there is no real pattern and Rolex could announce their 2015 price list anytime between February and June. No real predictability.

6. flw history nerd Dec 30, 2014

One other thing: My Rolex AD says that due to the strength of the dollar, Rolex USA hasn't raised their prices in two years ... But if they do so this year (and he expects they will), he thinks prices will go up between 5% and 8%. A jump of 15% by Omega seems a bit steep ... But considering the year Omega has had, they may do it - and get away with it just fine ...