Forums Latest Members

Omega Pre-Bond: Possible to fix or line up bezel that is 1/2 a click off? Also gold clasp insert...

1. msp1518 Nov 25, 2014

So I love my Omega Seamaster Pro 200m 'Pre-Bond." But the bezel is off by around 1/2 a click so it just doesn't line up and the longer I own the watch, the more it bothers me.

This is a solid gold bezel so buying a new one would be outrageous (and parts for this model are difficult to come by anyway). Is it possible to fix this? If so how? This piece would be a lifetime keeper if that triangle lined up correctly at 12 o'clock.

Every other watch I have ever owned lined up right. No matter how cheap it was.

I'd be fine with simply removing the bezel insert and re-inserting it properly (despite the fact that the bezel itself would still be off... It's that triangle with the pip that is noticeable).

Anyone able to clue me in on a fix?

The other issue is the gold insert for the clasp popped out a few months back while putting the watch on. Thankfully I saw it drop and put the little insert away. Is it possible to fix this? I imagine it was attached with some sort of glue. What is recommended? A fella over at WatchUseek told me to just use superglue.

The first pic below of the bezel pip does not do the misalignment justice. It's quite noticeable. In fact, friends and family have asked me why it's not lined up. Look at how off the tooth is with that gold center link.

Bezel_pip.JPG clasp.JPG
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 25, 2014

It seems that the insert has shifted, unless you use the rotating function so often that you have worn the teeth down. As for the insert; rough up the back of the insert and the indentation in the clasp and use a good epoxy adhesive. It looks like it was a friction fit so it could just pop out again if you just push it back in. Super Glue would work but I never trust that stuff over time and next time, you may not see it drop out.

3. msp1518 Nov 25, 2014

I don't think the insert has shifted at all. It lines right up with that jaw tooth of the bezel (or whatever it is called). The entire bezel is off by about a 1/2 click. It's not loose so the bezel has not been turned and turned over the years.

As for the insert, I did try popping it back in, but it popped right back out the second I applied any pressure to the clasp. it would be lost in no time. :)