Forums Latest Members
  1. Reza Mar 30, 2016

Dear Friends,

Hello, I have an Omega Polaris Multifunction and I love it , the Hands got sticky recently and Omega asked a big price to replace part, is there any body having any Idea of a replacement movement or any other movements that could be fit in the Polaris case ,Maybe an Automatic movement,

Or if any body knows where I can find a second hand polaris movement to replace mine,

The electronic parts are working fine
    Please advise

2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 30, 2016

Hey Reza,

The movement on these is an exchange item... So they just swap out the whole movement and fit a new one.

Hence the price... There is no halfway measure on this one.

The Polaris cases are all a little different from each other - assuming you have the standard case, there are two movement variations - multifunction, and Quartz analog - they are not interchangeable in the cases unfortunately.

If you love the watch and want to keep it going I'd suggest going the omega route...

Movements that do come up will be similar age to yours (1995 at newest), and there's no guarantee that they won't fail - a trip to omega gets you a brand new movement, and a 2 year warranty.

My 2 pennies worth ;)

Oh and please set an avatar picture.

Chris

3. webvan Mar 31, 2016

The 1665 movements do show up from time to time on eBay. A swap would get you the 1665B with a few added features, like a perpetual calendar, Split times in the chrono.

What's wrong with the hands exactly ? If the digital part works fine you could always have the hands removed and go the Team NZ X33 way (i.e. X33 with no hands) ;-)

[​IMG]