Forums Latest Members
  1. Dre Feb 20, 2017

Hi OF,

I bought this as part of a deal and can't seem to find much information about it. I found a similar watch from the Omega bible that bears the logo of the King of Arabia described as "movement 30T2 SC housed in a large case ring".

Is this the same type of watch? Is the dial original? Most of the Omega pocket watches that I've seen has sub-second and full movement instead of this small movement fitted in a larger case. Would appreciate any information about it.

Thanks heaps

Andre

IMG_5188.JPG IMG_5185.JPG IMG_5186.JPG IMG_5189.JPG

tamura, Tire-comedon and OMTOM like this.
  2. mac_omega Feb 20, 2017

Neither -nor

The movement in your pocket watch is a 23.4 SC movement, not one out of the caliber 30mm family - it is significantly smaller!

Dre likes this.
  3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Feb 20, 2017

DIBS!

Dre likes this.
  4. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Feb 20, 2017

I have already seen this model but only with a 23.4SC, not a 30mm. I suspect this is a mistake in AJTT.

5. OMTOM Feb 21, 2017

I think Omega used both the 23.4SC and 30SC in pocket watches (not very often!). Looking at the extract Andre shows from AJTT, I think the watch which appears in the Czech marketing plaque is a 23.4SC CK1056 (which appeared in a 1939 Omega catalogue). I guess the Ibn Seoud watch shown in AJTT is as described (CK1107 30 T2 SC).

Notice that the bows are different – the bow in the Czech plaque is the same as in Andre’s watch (which I think will prove to be a 23.4SC CK1056).

Perhaps of note is that this is towards the end of the pocket watch era – most movements still being 37.5 and 38.5 (true pocket watch movements). However, the 23.4SC and 30 T2 SC wristwatch movements were used in pocket watches as we see.

Dre, mac_omega and Tire-comedon like this.
  6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Mar 6, 2017

Hi,
    Andre was kind enough to accept my DIBS, so now this beauty has found its way to Paris.
    As Tom said, its a CK 1056, here in a 1939 catalog :
    [​IMG]
    It's quite unusual to find a Pocket Watch with central second, and this one is in a very good condition :
    [​IMG]
    I think it is around 1938 based on the serials
    [​IMG]
    (here, the caliber is really lost in the middle of this large case...)
    [​IMG]

I also couldn't resist trying to play AJTT style (although my advertising is damaged and I couldn't find the right lighting to take a decent picture...) :
    [​IMG]

Finally, let me introduce its little sister, CK1019, same bow design from the same period, but with a thin 37.5 caliber :
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 6, 2017
    Vitezi, Deafboy, OMTOM and 4 others like this.
  7. Dre Mar 6, 2017

Glad it went to a good home, I'd just never use that unfortunately so had to let it go :( Pretty awesome stuff you got there, esp the spot on original advertising showing the same ref watch!

8. OMTOM Mar 6, 2017

How lovely! Including the updated/corrected advertisement for AJTT.
    I would call this ‘rare’!
    Tom

9. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 7, 2017

Haha! I love how the second hand's movement is imaginatively described as "trotteuse", as it reminds of a horse's trot.

In french the second hand is named "aiguille seconde", which translates to "second needle". It does looks more like a needle than a hand, which one could argue that the english word should be "needle" or "finger" intead of "hand".