Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega pocket chronograph, cal 19", circa 1900, perfect multi colour dial and working perfectly

1. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 28, 2015

Evening all

I now own quite a few early Omega chronograph pocket watches, they are simply sublime and quite honestly hands made pieces of history, which should be worth considerably more than they are.

IMG_8432.JPG

This example is a very rare 1903 solid silver and fully hallmarked calibre 19 pocket chronograph by Omega, these are extremely rare now but finding one in this condition is much rarer. The watch is inscribed on the rear with the date (1903) and the inscription ‘the royal masonic institute for boys’ and then ‘for games purposes presented by Bro Geo Corble’

IMG_8435.JPG

The dial is perfect and crack free and nice because it is two tone black and red. The silver case is free from damage or previous repair and the watch is running strongly as is the chronograph, although i have not had the watch services

IMG_8434.JPG

There is a whole section in omega Journey Through Time dedicated to these remarkable watches, they were very expensive when new (for obvious reasons) and quite something to behold, even now they really are something very unique. An identical example of this watch is also featured in the book.

IMG_8436.JPG

Although I accept pocket watches aren't everyone's cup of tea I felt it was too nice to not offer up to the forum before I look at selling it elsewhere

IMG_8439.JPG

I am looking for a very reasonable £675 shipped RMSD or international signed for. Payment via BT or PP gift/ you cover fees

Thanks Tom

Tritium, Geo!, dougiedude and 3 others like this.
  2. SeanO Jul 29, 2015

can you give some idea of the size please Tom?

3. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 29, 2015

Sean

Of course I will get the size as soon as I get home and upload, it is a lovely wearable pocket watch but those of you who know omega chronograph will also know how important these were as omegas first chronograph and how amazingly well made they are (by hand)

This one genuinely is the best first generation omega pocket chronograph I have seen

4. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 29, 2015

Evening all

The watch measures 53mm in diameter, to give a comparison here is the rose between a couple of old thorns

image.jpg

ConElPueblo and Gaz6263 like this.
  5. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 30, 2015

Would really like to move this amazing watch so one off reduction to £625

Thanks Tom

6. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 30, 2015

Would really like to move this amazing watch so one off reduction to £625

Thanks Tom

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 30, 2015

A true beauty ::love::

8. Tom Dick and Harry Aug 3, 2015

Morning all

Would really like to get this sold and much prefer it stay in the community so with that in mind one final reduction to

£575 shipped