Forums Latest Members

Omega PO Chronograph cal. 3313 winding and crown lock

1. ospaska Dec 18, 2013

Hello,
    I'm new to this Omega cal. 3313 , i own Seamaster Chrono with cal. 1164 and 42mm Planet Ocean cal 2500.

Things that take my attention is the this cal. 3313 is harder to hand wind . It's tide and more hard to hand wind than cal 1164 and cal 2500 that i own.

Other thing is that when i try to lock-down the crown , movement is still trying to wind and give a resistance and it's hard to lock-down the crown.

Is this normal for cal. 3313 ?

2. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 18, 2013

My 3313 is also relatively hard to wind. Mine (Connie) does not have the screwdown crown though.

3. ospaska Dec 18, 2013

Thanks for your fast answer . I am thinking isn't it supposed to release the winding function when i press down crown for screwing it. ?

4. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 18, 2013

I do not know. I have several other watches where the same happens (winding also while pushed all the way in), but it would definitely be nicer (and smoother) if it did not.
    Has it always been like this on your watch, or is the hard winding a sign that a service is due?
    I have so far not serviced mine as it has only seen very light and gentle use over the 4-5 years I have owned it.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 18, 2013

Many modern Omega crowns do not disengage when they are being screwed down. I don't have a PO Chronograph in the shop to check, but my guess is that it does not disengage when the crown is being screwed down, so this is normal.

Often if the watch is new the seals are tight on the case tube, and this makes turning the crown more difficult. The 3313 itself is not difficult to wind, so this is like an issue with the case parts rather than the movement.

Cheers, Al

Northernman likes this.
  6. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 18, 2013

Makes perfect sense to me. My 3313 Double Eagle chrono has always felt tight, and this may very well be to a tight crown seal!

7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 18, 2013

As Archer has stated most likely due to a tight crown seal. I've had a few customers complain that the winding on their brand new pieces are not what they were used to compared to earlier year models :)

8. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 18, 2013

Would a small amount of silicone grease on the case tube (crown in the outer position) do the trick? Should not cause other issues i presume??

9. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 18, 2013

I wouldn't put grease in there but just let the seal loosen up over time and use.

10. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 18, 2013

Shit, so I have to start using it also? :confused:
    Will take some time to loosen it up then. It is being used only on nicer occations......
    Too many other watches also requiring "wrist time".

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 18, 2013

Seals are greased, so there is already grease on the tube and some in the crown (Fomblin grease preferred). Adding more isn't likely going to make a huge difference really....

Cheers, Al