Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Ploprof 166.077 with Archive extract.

1. Dash1 May 21, 2021

I absolutely love the Ploprof's, but I have a few so it's time to let this project go.

I bought it direct from the original owner who had put it away years ago when it stopped working and have not repaired it, so it’s still in very original condition ready for a sympathetic service/repair and maybe relume the minute hand. If you preferred you could also replace the red button and give the case a light refinish. I don't think it's been previously polished so shows all its marks from use. The extract dates production to August 1972.

We did take the movement out to get the serial number for the archive extract, the dial is very nice looking and in excellent condition, the only mark I could see was near the centre, under the hands, so almost impossible to see (the line seen in the pictures is on the crystal not the dial.) These early dials are the nicest imo, but often in very poor condition. The movement will need quite a bit of work so I bought a complete, working 1002 movement in nice condition that can be used for spares and is included with the watch, along with a new red button, new crown kit and all new seals.

It has a very rare, original Isofrane strap with it, these are highly sort after now, although I have added two new keepers as they were missing and the outer part of the buckle is a replacement as the tongue does not fit it correctly and slips through. The tongue is the original one with logo.

For price I think £4500 gbp (net) including the spares package photographed, which includes a nice, working, complete spare movement, new Omega red button, new Omega complete crown kit and all necessary seals. or £3995 without spares kit and on a new replica isofrane (your choice of colour) instead of the genuine isofrane strap. Delivery and extract of the archive included.

The great thing about this one is its originality, very nice early dial, original Isofrane and, perhaps most importantly, the extract confirming the movement left the factory in the case. So many of these have replacement movements that it's difficult to find one with an extract.

Photos are taken in natural daylight and are unaltered.
    Many thanks.
    DSCF7412.JPG DSCF7414.JPG DSCF7415.JPG DSCF7417.JPG DSCF7419.JPG DSCF7400.JPG DSCF7398.JPG DSCF7429.JPG DSCF7426.JPG DSCF7443.JPG

Zdzislaw, micampe, AAAKK and 21 others like this.
  2. Dash1 May 30, 2021

B
    U
    M
    P

3. Dash1 Jun 5, 2021

:)

4. Dash1 Jun 17, 2021

Sold. Thank you to the buyer and to OF.