Forums Latest Members

Omega please read this thread. Online accessories

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 23, 2017

All I want is a Omega online shop for accessories. Straps, buckles, springbars and the like. Doesn't have to be watches.

Save having the half hour conversations to a Omega Boutique just to order a strap or a buckle. ( even after I have the part number )

If they only knew how much $$ they have lost over the years from me.

duc, Tiny Iota, kov and 13 others like this.
  2. BenBagbag Aug 23, 2017

Jwit likes this.
  3. Ssunnylee24 Aug 23, 2017

No 30min conversation is needed.
    I called Omega South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa in CA and with in 5min I have placed an order.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 23, 2017

I live in Darwin Australia 3500 km from my nearest OB
    Wouldn't it be nice to see everything you could buy if you only knew they had it.

Ringing a Boutique in New York or California at 1:00am is not my preferred option.

duc, kov, pascs and 8 others like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2017

Same here, same OB.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 23, 2017

Basically @STANDY the problem is that you talk too much ;)

Somewhere 3500 miles from you there's a guy at the boutique saying: " why can't that bloke just order everything in 5 minutes like they do in California? Every time he calls it's 30 min just to buy a strap. And he has the part number!!!"

Kmart, akshayluc420, duc and 8 others like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 24, 2017

FIFY

Kmart, Nobel Prize, Paedipod and 2 others like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Aug 24, 2017

A firm favourite is:

"I didn't want to spend my day in your shop with you, trying to work out what I want to order, so I've spoken to customer services, these are the part numbers, they tell me they have them in stock in the UK, and these are the prices. Please press buttons on the computer, order them and take my money."

Normally followed by:

'Where did you get these numbers? I'll just have to get a ring binder... and my manager... and this stone tablet that shows the location of the holy grail... battle some Nazis... fall in love... realise the woman I was in love with is a Nazi... ride off on a horse into the sunset... hang on... what are you here for again? Would you like a drink?"

At this point I normally have my head in both hands, and am wondering how these people have a job...

I'm with you @STANDY - the experience is bad, others might have hit pockets of competency, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

It's also no great surprise - there's a huge product range, which they're expected to know all about, and then accessories... it's just too much.

Making it easier for the retail staff, and easier for us customers would surely be a win-win for Omega - we stop wasting staff time, staff stop (accidentally) wasting our time, and go back to selling watches... which is what they're trained to do.

It should not be hard to give someone money for something they have for sale...

semper_shells, Kmart, kov and 6 others like this.
  9. PhilN Aug 24, 2017

An online store would be great and a big money saver; every time a go to the AD to buy something small, I walk out with another "unplanned" watch

ConElPueblo likes this.
  10. Dogmann Aug 24, 2017

@PhilN and all

Now that is exactly why they like having customers having to go to a Boutique or AD for anything as it greatly increases the odds on people weakening and walking out with a lot more than they intended to. It's a little like the supermarkets that insist on moving everything around every now and then so people end up buying stuff they suddenly see and didn't think or know they wanted. Stores are clever and people are weak = marketing 101.

Marc

lando, Jwit and PhilN like this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 24, 2017

Australia is a big place.

I'm the blue dot OBs are the red dots

image.png

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 24, 2017

Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, due to the contractual relationship between Omega, the Boutiques and the remaining AD network.

Basically, Omega does not allow any AD, including the OB's (which I think is a joint venture between Swatch and a large jewelry retailer) to sell anything with the logo online. It's all done to limit competition within the network and keep pricing uniform.

It's the same policy that keeps us in the US from being able to order an archive extract directly from Omega.
    gatorcpa

Jwit likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 24, 2017

@gatorcpa Several months ago I bought a Speedmaster online ( well almost )

image.gif

Kmart, kov, lando and 5 others like this.
  14. perks713 Aug 24, 2017

I'd settle for a well put together parts list database. That way I wouldn't feel bad about messaging Archer to find out what part number the crystal for a Constellation 167.005 is.

15. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 24, 2017

bovecHD, Jwit and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  16. Tik-Tok of Oz Aug 24, 2017

Annnnnnd Bookmarked!!!:thumbsup:

Thank you. Good information.

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2017

They have it - it's called the Omega Extranet. All you have to do is attend watchmaking school for a couple of years, get a few years of experience, spend $100k+ to set-up your shop, and then apply to Omega for an account, and take some of their training and pass their tests.

et voilà - you can order spring bars (and some other parts) on-line!

You are welcome!

:)

Kmart, Shailor, PhilN and 11 others like this.
  18. bovecHD Aug 24, 2017

thanks much for this link.

19. Ssunnylee24 Aug 24, 2017

Haha what did you end up ordering? If you dont mind asking?
    I ordered end links for 1125 I recently bought for the FOIS.

20. JSal16 Aug 24, 2017

AND That's why Omega doesn't have an online shop for accessories...