Forums Latest Members

Omega Playboy ladies watch - belonged to Bobby Arnstein

1. photo500 Apr 24, 2014

Hi All,
    I was contacted earlier this month by a gentleman called Russ from the UK. He knew I had a couple of Omega Playboys and wanted to tell me about his watch. The one he has is very interesting, it belonged to Hugh Heffners personal secretary of many years, Bobby Arnstein. If you google her you will find that she played an important part in the Playboy empire and the US governments dealings with it. She died suddenly and hers was the first funeral Hef ever attended.

The watch itself has a different engraving to mine on its reverse as well, apart from the name of course, HEF is written in big letters. The text is in line with the strap as well, while the others have it horizontally. It carries the same single diamond at 12 and the (faded) Playboy symbol at 6. This is a 14k gold filled case which makes it more unusual as the others I've found are solid 14k. The lugs appear hand worked as well so perhaps the case was made in the USA at the time. It uses a manual wind movement, probably the same as mine, a 601.

This is a very important Omega in my opinion! Although us guys would never be able to wear it, the cool factor is sky high. It's just a shame Bobby's story is such a tragedy......

Now this is not a for sale listing but Russ does want to sell. If anyone is interested I'll hook you up, no affiliation though and I will not be involved after that. Mods, sorry, wasn't sure how to let people know that without being controversial ;)

IMG_8333.JPG

IMG_8332.JPG

IMG_8335.JPG

IMG_8334.JPG

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 24, 2014

3. photo500 Apr 24, 2014

Oh! Err, that's what happens when I promise to do something and then take 2 weeks to get around to it. Sorry guys! Seller is a nice guy btw.