Forums Latest Members

Omega Planet Ocean (The Deep Black) ( Liquidmetal® and matte Dial Finish )

1. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Dec 16, 2016

Hello,

as we know that, Omega PO Deep Black are of 4 colors: Black, Red, Blue and Sedna. The Blue and Red are of Matte dial finish and Black and Sedna are of Liquidmetal® Finish.

1)- What is the difference between these ( Liquidmetal® and matte Dial )?
    2)- Which one is more reliable and better?

Thanks

2. meganfox17 Dec 16, 2016

I will only answer Question number One

Every Deep Black PO MC has a solid disc dial ( casing,crown,bezel etc ) made of 100% ceramics
    The Red & Blue have matte finishing on the dials & cases while the Black & 18 K Sedna gold are just the opposite , they are mirror polished ceramic dials & cases so they are very glossy & clean. It's a matter of individual taste & preference really
    The Liquidmetal (or Ceragold but uses gold) technology are use to fill in the recessess or channels ( made by Laser engravings ) on the bezel to create the markers & numerals and also applied on the crown to create the Omega Logo

Watch the Video on Omega LM Technology

Edited Dec 16, 2016
  3. thatonewatchdude Jan 8, 2017

I don't believe the aesthetics of each piece will affect the reliability of these pieces, they are ceramic dive watches that are designed to withstand 600 meters of water pressure, not to say you will ever go to those major depths but having that security built within the design of each piece and also being ceramic and going through the process it does each piece will be just as reliable as the other.

The options in aesthetics are offered to appeal to a range of clients.

Omeg@007 likes this.
  4. efthi Jan 11, 2017

I have seen this video before but now I am even more excited waiting my PO 8900 to arrive.. thank you!