Forums Latest Members
  1. MacRulez4Ever Jun 7, 2016

Hello experts !
    This dial is a redial or ? ,
    Is not the two tone 168.025 dial more silver / gray then complete black ?

Tnx / J
    [​IMG]

Skickat från min Luftpadda II

2. Pvt-Public Jun 7, 2016

I probably should just keep my mouth shut, and there is an extremely good chance I am wrong. So take my opinion with a grain of salt and let the experts chime in. But that just looks wrong.

gop76 likes this.
  3. MacRulez4Ever Jun 7, 2016

I have the same feeling , the constellation text is for example much more whiter then the rest of the text.

Skickat från min Luftpadda II

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 7, 2016

Colors aside, the minute markers seem to extend all the way to the edge instead of stopping short. Would be nice if there was a better dial pic or two, though.

5. werdna77 Jun 7, 2016

Almost looks like small drops of white paint/ink and smudges...

6. w154 Jun 7, 2016

I'm still waiting for my two-tone 168.025 to turn up.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/connie-168-025-with-vertically-brushed-two-tone-dial.40848/

As you say the dial centre is a lot lighter in color, but whilst researching these I concluded that the gold cap ones came with the light grey color, and the plain steel cases came with a darker color. That was based on really limited examples though so may be entirely incorrect. Here is a link to one if them.

http://www.watches.co.uk/watch/17114s/omega-vintage-constellation-pie-pan-dial-168.025/

But yours does look darker than even this one. Can you make out vertical brushing on your example ?

Then the main hour markers look painted as they are wearing at the edges. The best example would be the 2 o'clock one. I thought these were onyx but there is no definitive answer on that, and I can't check mine as it's not in my hands yet. And what's going on between the date window and the 3 o'clock marker ?

Edited Jun 7, 2016
  7. MacRulez4Ever Jun 7, 2016

On the link to watches.co.uk the watch has much lighter dark color then the one I posted.
    And the whole gray area in your link looks brushed ...
    The one i posted is only black , no sign of brushed on the black area .. Hmmm

Skickat från min IP6+

8. MacRulez4Ever Jun 7, 2016

I don't think the markers extend to far
    [​IMG]

Skickat från min IP6+