Omega Pie Pan Cross Hair Purchase

Hi everyone. What do you think of this Connie? Anyone know the ref #? I don't have photos of the movement yet but I'll post them in this thread once I have them. Is $1200 USD a fair price?

I'm guessing this is a 2852?

I'd guess 2852 as well; that particular reference (and 167/168.005) seem (to this casual observer) like the references hiking the most in price of late. $1200 seems like neither a great nor terrible deal: it depends on how you feel about an honestly worn (but seemingly unpolished) case, and the dial's staining (though it does get a bump for sharktooth indices and being a pie-pan). I'd go for it, given that gold hardware+steel cases scratches an itch for me, but it's personal. More experts will chime in shortly, I'm sure, but I think it's basically in range, maybe a little underpriced (but then service...).

I would pass on this one - the dial looks like it was chemically cleaned.

it depends on how you feel about an honestly worn (but seemingly unpolished) case

Also far from being unpolished, looking at the medallion and what's left of the stars. That being said, if I were to pick I'd rather have sharp(ish) lugs than a sharp medallion, just thought I'd mention it.

I was watching that one for the heck of it, but I had no intentions of bidding.

Did you win the auction?

I was watching that one for the heck of it, but I had no intentions of bidding.

Did you win the auction?
I did. He told me his Grandfather is the original owner, his dad inherited it and it was ultimately given to him 10 years age. He had it serviced then and it sat in his drawer with minimal use. I’ll ask him to cancel the sale worst come to worst

I seem to be the only person here who likes it! The dial is not perfect but the blemishes won't be noticeable except close up. All the printing is still there and in good order. I think that was an excellent buy. If it's not a 2852 I will eat all my wife's handbags. Put in on a 5-row BOR and you'll love it.

I say pass. The the dial doesn't look good, seems to have lost lacquer/cleaned as mentioned by MSNWatch.

Enhanced picture...

Connie.jpg

It would be a pass for me. The dial has lost its lustre and for a dress watch this is a deal breaker for me.

Better to pay more for a better example.