Forums Latest Members

Omega Parts - Swiss Watch Spares

1. gabs2012 Apr 2, 2019

Is www.swisswatchspares.com a legit site? I'm looking for an Omega 98000085 strap and they're the only ones that come up who supposedly have it. TIA!

keisuke_z likes this.
  2. dputydwg1 Apr 2, 2019

Have you tried Ofrei in Oakland?

robinhook and connieseamaster like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 3, 2019

Straps are not restricted parts from Omega, which means you can call Omega yourself and order the strap from them, or an AD, or an OB.

You will likely find that the price directly from Omega is much better than what any third party reseller is charging.

Cheers, Al

flw, Yehoshua, txtchfn and 9 others like this.
  4. AJwala Apr 3, 2019

I also have a similar question, this same company also owns Swisslimitededition.com
    Has anybody worked with them before. What do you think is their feedback? Are they trust worthy?

5. Blackdog Apr 4, 2019

I've been toying with the idea of ordering the adjustable clasp and a couple of connecting links for my 1504-826 Seamaster Chrono diver.

They do have all the needed parts but seem quite expensive !

I did buy a half link for the same bracelet from them and they seem to be legit.

AJwala likes this.
  6. AJwala Apr 4, 2019

Thank you for the feedback!

7. BatDad Apr 4, 2019

Yup I ordered a dial and hands from them. Super easy.

Nofearhavi likes this.
  8. brokenblinker Apr 4, 2019

I ordered a set of Snoopy hands from them for a custom project. My local Omega service center checked the part number before they would use the hands and it checked out.

Nofearhavi and gabs2012 like this.
  9. gabs2012 Apr 4, 2019

Thanks for your replies! Will give the local OSC a call instead.

SkunkPrince likes this.
  10. nismo Apr 6, 2019

That's good to know. I contacted them this week about some parts for a custom project, but I'm hesitant since they are outside the US plus the higher prices didn't help.

Ofrei didn't have the parts I want. Does anyone know of reputable sellers in the US that have a good inventory of parts?

11. guinsburg Apr 29, 2020

I just ordered a PLOPROF Omega mesh band, and so far so good. Will keep you guys posted.

Nofearhavi likes this.
  12. keisuke_z Apr 29, 2020

I’ve ordered a number of bracelet clasps, clasp links, straps, as well as the non-AC dial for my 2254, a replacement crystal and set of hands from John at swisswatchspares/swisslimitededitions and always had a great and speedy experience. Prices are definitely a bit high, but ironically, cheaper than the USD to CAD conversion ‍♂️

Nofearhavi likes this.
  13. Ian_km Apr 30, 2020

I’ve used them for a 1171 bracelet, all legit and great service. UK based so great for me, pricey but recommended.

Nofearhavi and Pazzo like this.
  14. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 30, 2020

As already noted, parts like bracelets, straps and links are cheaper from boutiques or an AD. Last time I checked the 1171 was about £125 cheaper at a boutique. Where SLE does come in handy is for restricted parts, those aren’t really available anywhere else so the price is less of an issue.

Nofearhavi, connieseamaster and Eve like this.
  15. Eve Apr 30, 2020

I bought once a speedmaster case and a winding stem from John. Great comutication, fast delivery.
    Although sold as new, the case and caseback had some scratches, which i didnt mind very much, since i bought it to wear. But still strange.
    Just like @padders said, he has good parts that are otherwise hard to obtain elsewhere. But for straps i used my local AD and it was much cheaper!

16. Ian_km Apr 30, 2020

I'm sure I didn't pay what he's currently asking, maybe upped the price depending on demand.

padders likes this.
  17. Owlsu Apr 30, 2020

I bought a half link for a 1499/1498 bracelet and a buckle for an 18mm leather strap from there and they were both legit. It was more expensive than buying it from an AD/OB by about £30-£40 I didn't want to deal with those places because the ones near me lie about not being able to get you parts that are available for sale and it's more hassle than its worth compared just ordering online and having it delivered the next day no questions asked.

Edited Apr 30, 2020
    Nofearhavi likes this.
  18. guinsburg May 1, 2020

There it is. Also, super fast shipment, not to mention his new item was cheaper than the two old ones floating around eBay.

3D3DA44A-C53C-43C9-B9EB-8D342F0E53A3.jpeg 7F1BF632-69B5-4151-AD3F-7B16E5EF1573.png
    Nofearhavi likes this.
  19. padders Oooo subtitles! May 1, 2020

Uhuh but in the UK at least, it's cheaper still at an official Omega Boutique or AD. Much cheaper. Did you check the US Omega price?

I know I sound like a broken record but in most markets if you go anywhere else than Omega for new bracelets and straps you are literally throwing money down the drain.

SkunkPrince likes this.
  20. guinsburg May 1, 2020

You are probably right in that it could’ve been cheaper at an AD, though I cannot imagine it being much cheaper than what I paid.

That said..being the end of the world and all, everything is closed, and my Omega compulsion kicked in.

Nofearhavi likes this.